Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53
  1. #26
    A guy on a bike Moderator
    Reputation: TobyGadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    yeah, not my color
    Oops, I set myself up for that one!

  2. #27
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,768
    Any day now would be nice if you would like to implement the new system. Spams running ramped again.

  3. #28
    I build my own.
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,275
    No spammers in the RBR new members for the last 24 hours. That Q&A + email confirmation seems to be working fine. Please upgrade MTBR. I've been playing around with the settings in RBR's vB 4 user options and would be happy to help MTBR members with the transition.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

  4. #29
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    No spammers in the RBR new members for the last 24 hours. That Q&A + email confirmation seems to be working fine. Please upgrade MTBR. I've been playing around with the settings in RBR's vB 4 user options and would be happy to help MTBR members with the transition.
    Trail Ninja....sounds great! And yes, thanks for the offer to help, I'd like to take you up on that.

    Given some of the issues we found with the RBR update, we've pushed the update for Mtbr back a bit.

    Stay tuned.

    To others, if you are interested in the new look and feel, RoadBikeReview has upgraded and most of the kinks now worked out. The biggest complaint is easily remedied, because there is a full screen option.

    -g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  5. #30
    I build my own.
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,275
    The biggest complaint I saw there AND in GR was the lack of smilies. I chuckled.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

  6. #31
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,525
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I still think the admin should give me ban hammer powers.
    Not before they give me ban powers, id be a lot more honest than you
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  7. #32
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    The biggest complaint I saw there AND in GR was the lack of smilies. I chuckled.
    it's akin to not waving back
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  8. #33
    I build my own.
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    it's akin to not waving back
    Their reasoning why they thought their forums were unuseable. There was a lack of smilies available to them.

    "MTBR is so much better than RBR or GR, they have like 50 different smilies. I can sit here and click on icons and I don't have to think up or type anything. There's a little tiny cartoon for everything I could possibly think or feel."
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

  9. #34
    A guy on a bike Moderator
    Reputation: TobyGadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Their reasoning why they thought their forums were unuseable. There was a lack of smilies available to them.

    "MTBR is so much better than RBR or GR, they have like 50 different smilies. I can sit here and click on icons and I don't have to think up or type anything. There's a little tiny cartoon for everything I could possibly think or feel."

  10. #35
    I build my own.
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyGadd View Post
    What are you trying to say Toby?

    Timmy has fallen down the well?
    He's broken his left femur?
    Oh, tibia. OK.

    Yes, I'll remember to bring bandages and a splint.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

  11. #36
    I build my own.
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,275
    See? Works great!
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

  12. #37
    A guy on a bike Moderator
    Reputation: TobyGadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    What are you trying to say Toby?
    Just feelin' the MTBR vibes, smiles and all.

    Poor Timmy. I'll report him to the Administrators.

  13. #38
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,768
    Any new word on the new vBulletin?
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  14. #39
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Any new word on the new vBulletin?
    We are getting it ready to roll out soon.

    We had hoped to have it launched before the holidays, but given some of the issues we ran into on RBR, we had a few more bugs to work out.

    I'm not sure on exact date, but I would within the next two weeks from Jan. 1
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  15. #40
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    gregg, is it going to have the same look and layout as RBR?

  16. #41
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    gregg, is it going to have the same look and layout as RBR?
    similar, yes.

    Is there anything in particular you like/don't like?
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  17. #42
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    RBR looks good, especially once I changed it to full screen. I'm just slow learning to navigate it, need to spend more time there. Thank you.

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mark in Baltimore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    153
    Thanks for any efforts to quell this spam onslaught. The volume is absolutely nutty.
    '12 S-Works Stumpjumper carbon HT
    '13 Specialized Carve Comp
    '94 S-Works M2

  19. #44
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Well I spoke to soon about RBR. Try as I might I cannot properly view threads that are more than one page as there is no page selection try as I might to find it.

  20. #45
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Well I spoke to soon about RBR. Try as I might I cannot properly view threads that are more than one page as there is no page selection try as I might to find it.
    can you give me a link to a thread over there that is showing this behavior?
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  21. #46
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    can you give me a link to a thread over there that is showing this behavior?


    Figured it out gregg, when viewing RBR with Opera browser, switch browser and all is good. This may be an issue though as many users on Opera. Thanks.


    Okay, checked operation with Chrome and site locks up, works okay with Windows 7 though. Site works with Opera but cannot see multiple page icons, can only view one page of multiple page threads (all multiple page threads).

  22. #47
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,327
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Figured it out gregg, when viewing RBR with Opera browser, switch browser and all is good. This may be an issue though as many users on Opera. Thanks.


    Okay, checked operation with Chrome and site locks up, works okay with Windows 7 though. Site works with Opera but cannot see multiple page icons, can only view one page of multiple page threads (all multiple page threads).
    OK
    I'm not tryin to bash on gregg, francois or adam here, but isn't browser testing something you'd do on the development server before things go live?

    I mean - that seems like an easy thing to work out

    *Note* I'm not a Dev. - just an internet marketing guy, but I do work closely with the Developers - and that is like rule 1 or 2

    Did I miss something? - don't shoot!! - just curious
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  23. #48
    I build my own.
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,275
    Delll I am a developer and, yes. Testing on a development server is standard practice. There still may be bugs due to the wide variety of devices in use now, but a major malfunction on Chrome and Opera? That sounds a little sloppy. You remember a few weeks back when a tiny error in the CSS on the reviews made them almost unreadable for about a week?

    In my case I use beta testers because I run my whole show from a laptop.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

  24. #49
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Delll I am a developer and, yes. Testing on a development server is standard practice. There still may be bugs due to the wide variety of devices in use now, but a major malfunction on Chrome and Opera? That sounds a little sloppy. You remember a few weeks back when a tiny error in the CSS on the reviews made them almost unreadable for about a week?

    In my case I use beta testers because I run my whole show from a laptop.
    It makes me think that they may not have Dev's on staff?? - Is that crazy?
    For a site this large, yeah.
    A whole week with the CSS bug? - hours after the bug was noticed, a rollback should have been done - again, I'm no Developer, but I'm not a dummy either.
    Testing on significant browsers also failed here.
    We're (where I work) not a major site as far as sites go, but we go so far as to even test on AOL - (yeah, some of our market is old ladies )
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  25. #50
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Update:

    Working with Opera now, still no bueno with Chrome. It opens in Chrome, will go to forums page but locks up. MTBR works in Chrome though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •