Thread: add quote

mtbr member

add quote

Yeah well, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Anyway...

In regards to replying to a thread and adding a quote.

I highlight desired text and copy. Click "quote" icon and paste. It works but doesn't give the author credit like I see in every other reply. It just says "quote" blah blah blah "Quote", instead of naming who was doing the jabbering.

What the heck am I doin wrong?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Yeah well, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Anyway...

In regards to replying to a thread and adding a quote.

I highlight desired text and copy. Click "quote" icon and paste. It works but doesn't give the author credit like I see in every other reply. It just says "quote" blah blah blah "Quote", instead of naming who was doing the jabbering.

What the heck am I doin wrong?

Just click "quote". no need to copy and paste. the icon next to quote allows multi quotes if you wish to quote more than one post.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the help, but I'm still not seeing it. The only quote icon I see is right above where I'm typing, next to the insert image icon.

Do you select text and just click the icon? I don't get anything that way so I guess not.
    Sorry to be such a dweeb.

AZ
    banned
    Thanks a lot for the help, but I'm still not seeing it. The only quote icon I see is right above where I'm typing, next to the insert image icon.

Do you select text and just click the icon? I don't get anything that way so I guess not.
    Sorry to be such a dweeb.

It is in the post that you want to quote, for instance look at my post. See the quote icon @ the lower right hand corner? When replying to someones post it is customary to quote them so you use the icon in the post that you are attempting to quote.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    It is in the post that you want to quote, for instance look at my post. See the quote icon @ the lower right hand corner? When replying to someones post it is customary to quote them so you use the icon in the post that you are attempting to quote.

O.K., I was looking at the wrong quote icon. I wonder what the other one is for.

Can you quote only part of the post that way? I'll see if I can make that happen.

Thanks a lot!

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    I wonder what the other one is for.
    It's used in most documents and programs, like if you used Microsoft Word, you'll have options to italicize stuff, make your font bold and put statements in quote which you attribute to separately.