Keep Singlespeeding Evil

YoWhat? "Back to the future" with IndyFab

A few years ago I told myself not to post here anymore if it is not connected to a real bike.
    Promoting Singlespeed races is so 2004, so now back to riding.
    When two people have the same idea it helps to be in the same room. That happened about 6 weeks ago when I visited Ken Bloomer who represents Independent Fabrication in Germany (central Europe?) and I told him about a bike I will have build by IndyFab a few years down the road that has a non-corrected fork (segemented that is) and he said: "Well how about in a few weeks?" to be ready for the Eurobike Trade show which is running while I write this.
    It took us about 3 minutes to agree on the parts and the color and it took off ... !
    I know that the fine people @ IndyFab are probably sick of hearing the Fat Chance story over and over again, but I think it is something to be proud of and building a steel bike that can follow its roots back to the best MTB that was build "back in the days" with a geometry that was far ahead of its time is not the worst thing you can do ...

A load of people helped to get the bike done in time for the show, and yes we didn't finish fast enough as you can tell on the pictures (if you look close enough) - but by now at least it has pedals! Those last minute projects are really a load of fun!
    There will be a EDGE carbon rizer bar in it soon, I think the Oury grips have to go because they look blue in all the pictures
    The EDGE rims will be replaced by an EDGE All Mountain rim (this rider has 280 lbs. and I am amazed they even let me ride their stuff). The beer can seatpost shim will have to go as soon as I got the 29,4 mm version of the post.

It is really tough to capture the color - if you know MILKA Chocolate where ever you life that purple comes pretty close. Or let's say it is identical.

Big Picture

Big Picture

The fork was made by Igleheart

Big Picture

More pics

Thank you to Ken & Sandi Bloomer, Joe Ingram, Jason Schiers, Reiner & Dirk @ Magura, the people @ Thomson, Hutchinson and Chris King (purple needs to come back so bad!)
    ... and thank you to you guys ...

oh and thank you for the new frame sticker design - I so love it!!!!!!!!!!

Big Picture

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Phatty,

I saw your bike, yesterday at Ken's booth.

Looks great!

Great to see you back on a bike!

Hope you'll have some great riding on it!

Bye,

Hubert

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Sick build man that thing looks awesome.

Care to share the geometry numbers you chose?

Keep Singlespeeding Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan0930
    Care to share the geometry numbers you chose?
    Sure ...

'Calm Down'
    Wow, that's a great looking bike. Don't forget to post some photos once you get it dirty.

jw
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

Keep Singlespeeding Evil
    Grumpy your signature made my day ... !!!

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Awwww snap! If I ever got a steel bike again, it'd be that color. Gorgeous!

I was trying to convince my wife to get it for a new custom for her, but she ain't havin' it. Y'know, Oury has special edition grips that are Lilac. I had my shop order up a few for me last week.

Here's my Yo! from 1994:
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

Members who have read this thread: 0