Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

You think he was a singlespeeder?

604 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  boomn 
#1 ·
"That's right," said Tuppy. "Bertie has always been a great cyclist. I remember at Oxford he used to take all his clothes off on bump-supper nights and ride around the quad, singing comic songs. Jolly fast he used to go too."....In Tuppy's statement that, when at the University of Oxford, I had been known to ride a bicycle in the nude about the quadrangle of your mutual college, there had been, I cannot deny, a certain amount of substance. Correct, however, though his facts were, so far as they went, he had not told all. What he had omitted to mention was that I had invariably been well oiled at the time, and when in that condition a chap is capable of feats at which in cooler moments his reason would rebel. From Right Ho, Jeeves, P. G. Wodehouse. :lol:

#2 ·
Calvissimo said:
"That's right," said Tuppy. "Bertie has always been a great cyclist. I remember at Oxford he used to take all his clothes off on bump-supper nights and ride around the quad, singing comic songs. Jolly fast he used to go too."....In Tuppy's statement that, when at the University of Oxford, I had been known to ride a bicycle in the nude about the quadrangle of your mutual college, there had been, I cannot deny, a certain amount of substance. Correct, however, though his facts were, so far as they went, he had not told all. What he had omitted to mention was that I had invariably been well oiled at the time, and when in that condition a chap is capable of feats at which in cooler moments his reason would rebel. From Right Ho, Jeeves, P. G. Wodehouse. :lol:
Haha, that s funny. Certainly sounds like the SS spirit, at least in these parts.

I have not read any of the books, but I used to watch the Jeeves and Wooster show. Watching House is funny to me because the whole time I picture the grim doctor singing "Oh by Jingo". Maybe I need to add those to my summer reading list:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.