mtbr member
    Jan 2004

XTR cranks on a SS

How do XTR cranks hold up on a SS? I have a pair of XTR's (I hope) that I'm considering putting on my SS MTB (and only MTB) but I am a Clyde with a history of crank distruction. I have trashed older ritchey logic cranks and brank new '03 XT's. I'm running profiles, which I love but I am considering putting those on my dads bike as he just just trashed my old XTR cranks which I hope Shim-Shim will warranty.

He needs the stiffer cranks b/c he is a gorilla but I'm afraid I'll destroy the XTR cranks b/c I'm a smaller gorilla. If it matters the my dad's bike is going to become a 1x9.

Looking for experience and advice form clydes running XTR cranks on a SS. Maybe my dad should just get some profiles and I'll sell the XTRs if the are warrantied.

Thanks,
    Winky

cut like the fog.

not a clyde but...

Quote Originally Posted by Winky
    How do XTR cranks hold up on a SS? I have a pair of XTR's (I hope) that I'm considering putting on my SS MTB (and only MTB) but I am a Clyde with a history of crank distruction. I have trashed older ritchey logic cranks and brank new '03 XT's. I'm running profiles, which I love but I am considering putting those on my dads bike as he just just trashed my old XTR cranks which I hope Shim-Shim will warranty.

He needs the stiffer cranks b/c he is a gorilla but I'm afraid I'll destroy the XTR cranks b/c I'm a smaller gorilla. If it matters the my dad's bike is going to become a 1x9.

Looking for experience and advice form clydes running XTR cranks on a SS. Maybe my dad should just get some profiles and I'll sell the XTRs if the are warrantied.

Thanks,
    Winky
    You might want to think about the new Shimano Saint series cranks. Word is that they're really, really strong. Perhaps Shimano would consider a warranty exchange for a set of those.

b.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]