Single Speed Junkie

WTB Timberwolf reviews?

Know a few people have ridden the timberwolf tire by wtb what is your overall opinion on this tread? Good for mud, hardpack, loose sand, astroturf?

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Search the [old] Shock board--someone over there had a pair, and seemed to like them. The post was complete with pictures, as I recall.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Jed Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Know a few people have ridden the timberwolf tire by wtb what is your overall opinion on this tread? Good for mud, hardpack, loose sand, astroturf?
    The word on them is that they are good when the trail's loose, but squirmy when they hit something hard. They have tall knobs.

As for profile, they are VERY large, almost DH like.

Kevlar casing tire was 914 grams, and the DH tire was over 2000 grams.

It "is" about the bike..
    Jan 2004

RE: WTB Timberwolf

My buddy Chris has been riding them for a few months now on his Titus Quasi Moto. Yes, they are friggin' huge. As we call them Tractor Tires! But he seems to love them. We ride mostly in Auburn, CA during the winter months. Seem to shed mud well and do great in the technical rocky conditions! They are a bit sluggish on the hardpack & pavement climbs. Other than that they rock!

I'm also thinking about slapping a pair of the DH version on my DH bike for Northstar this summer. Given their massive knobs, they should be great for the loose duffy conditions often seen there.

Jed Peters
    I ride auburn almost every weekend.

Look out for a guy (or a girl, my wife) on a jericho SS.

Expert Pushing SSer

I have also heard good things...

about this tire in the loose stuff. Not so sure how they perform in the mud. In the NW here, I run narrower velociraptors. In the summer time I am running the Panaracer Fire 2.4 FR on my SS (burley is the word), might give that a go. They are a tad lighter, maybe 825 grams or there abouts. I dig this tire on the front. Might do of on astro turff too. I run the 2.1 on the rear of the SS and all around on my geared ht (not so burley but great none the less).

Cheers,

Mike
    Tuff Schist