mtbr member
    Feb 2006

WTB laserdisc single duty

Does anyone have any experience with the newer version of this hub? I know it had pawl problems in the past but I am assuming that in the last two or three years that has been taken care of. Seems like a decently priced hub from a reputable company.

mtbr member
    Great hub! Engagement is very similar to my DT 240 SS hub. Smooth and quiet. I have about 200 miles on it so far and no problems. I just did a 60 mile epic ride in southern Indiana and the hub held up fine. It wasn't a very flat ride at all. Constant up and down. I have no experience with the old models.

Tripolar on most days
    WTB makes a solid hub and wheel IMHO. Riding on the 2nd hub and no issues on either.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Whats the engagement like on this hub? I am currently ridding on a WI freewheel, will I notice much of a difference?

Tripolar on most days
    I don't know about the difference but the engaugement on the WTB is pretty good. I can't remember if it is 4 or 6 pawls. I had a DT 240 in the past and blew out the bearings more times then I can remember, don't know if I got a lemon but it left a bad taste for their huds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider
    I don't know about the difference but the engaugement on the WTB is pretty good. I can't remember if it is 4 or 6 pawls. I had a DT 240 in the past and blew out the bearings more times then I can remember, don't know if I got a lemon but it left a bad taste for their huds.

4 pawls on the WTB. You must have got a lemon. Did you re-grease often on the 240?

Tripolar on most days
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmac83
    4 pawls on the WTB. You must have got a lemon. Did you re-grease often on the 240?

Regreased about every 150-200 miles when it was disassembled to replace the bearings .