mtbr member

WTB hubs for rigid SS?

I recently headed down to the old pueblo 24 hours race and realized my wheelset was quite inferior. Bike29 has a deal on flow wheels with WTB Laser Disc Lite hubs and I am tempted, but the light weight has be concerned a bit from the durability standpoint.

Has anyone had long term experience good or bad with these hubs on their SS?
    This would be my situation:

Full rigid bike
    Rider weight of 190 with gear
    Lots of rocky riding
    Standard hub used with spacers/cog

Thanks for any info you have...

Tripolar on most days
    When you say standard hubs do you mean standard SS hubs. If you mean the SS yes I think they are durable. I rode the snot out of one set and bought another last year for my everyday wheels and SS CX wheels. I was about your same weight when I had the first set and they held up 10x better then the DT 240’s I had.

aka baycat
    Hub seems quite expensive if I am looking at the correct one (~$250 for the rear). Seems you could get a set of Hope II single speed specific front and rear for about the same price. Just not sure how WTB compares to Hope. Their geared hubs suck.

those are Rollercams...
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Seems you could get a set of Hope II single speed specific front and rear for about the same price. Just not sure how WTB compares to Hope. Their geared hubs suck.
    +1 on the Hopes. Sad but true how what were once among the finest hubs available (when Charlie and Steve were at the helm) have now become pretty much generic crap. Mark Slate should be ashamed of himself. Rant over.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

Teen Wolf
    i've been running a set for 2 full seasons, this being the 3rd coming up. zero problems with them. nothing totally awesome, but they work just fine. stand up to your standard abuse without *****in.

mtbr member
    I was meaning a standard cassette hub as 500 shipped or a set of flow wheels is hard to pass up. I have had hopes in the past and they are indeed nice, but add $140 to the cost..

http://bike29.com/catalog/handbuilt-...set-p-368.html