The Top Cap Guy

Listen! Wide Base Ti Cogs from Spicer

I ordered a 19 tooth cog just tonight - been waiting on it since November. The base is like 14mm wide and will be available in 18 - 22 tooth sizes... I think the 18 and 19 tooth ones are that he has done right now (bigger sizes are supposedly still coming). I'll post a picture of the one I get and more details (weight, cost, etc) when I get mine with the bill.....

But just wanted to let everyone know!

FF
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

blame me for missed rides
    looks sweet--almost like those freewheels, actually. guess they aren't that light either...

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by weather
    looks sweet--almost like those freewheels, actually. guess they aren't that light either...
    Light - I doubt it - they look way too solid.... I'll weigh it on the postal scale and get a gram count too....lol

FF

Speedhub doc.

mill some material from the base

I'd use a mill to get some of that "girth" off the cogs base...looks like a tough cog though, having the base that wide might lead to chainline issues when being fitted to a ss cassette hub (king, on-one, woodman) but would most likely work on a 8~9sp cassette hub no problem. get the tooth count range to say 15 t and up to 24 t..Cool cog, something else to add to the ss bike

Cyclist

$$$cost

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    I ordered a 19 tooth cog just tonight - been waiting on it since November. The base is like 14mm wide and will be available in 18 - 22 tooth sizes... I think the 18 and 19 tooth ones are that he has done right now (bigger sizes are supposedly still coming). I'll post a picture of the one I get and more details (weight, cost, etc) when I get mine with the bill.....

FF
    Looks nice Fred. What are they going for?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by striker
    Looks nice Fred. What are they going for?
    I'll let you know for sure when it gets here - but I'm under the impression that it's about $41 with shipping. Don't quote me on that. I'll be able to tell you for sure in a day or so when the cog gets here I should have it by Thursday. I'll post the price, weight, width (supposedly around 14mm) and a couple close up pics of it..... It looks very tank like - not quite a light weight I'm sure.

I'll keep you posted!
    FF

resident crackpot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy

FF
    Not quite as 'boutique' looking as the Boone cogs, but also look to be completely bombproof. We'll hafta see which one my wife will let me buy. Still have to get a King too. Let us know on the price Freddy. While I'm here, can you get 1" top caps? Let me know.
    Tom

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    We all wanted wide cogs and these look... too wide.

Mashers Only!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aosty
    We all wanted wide cogs and these look... too wide.
    I'm with ya on this one Aosty!!
    How is the leg dooin??

HUGH