mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Why only hardtail?

Ok, so I'm new to Mt Biking but I realized right away that I'd have more fun with only one gear. Since I only had one bike I decided to go ahead and single speed it. It's a Specialized Enduro (03 I think) anyways, it's fully suspended and I've been told already that you should "Only" single speed hardtails.......WTF? I like it just the way it is, did I break some sort of single speeding rule or something?

one chain loop
    whoever said that needs some spanking with wet noodles.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

mtbr member
    I think FS SS bikes look sweet! Enjoy your bike and tell them to stuff it, uh I mean, enjoy their own bikes

skillz to pay billz
    silly rabbit

mtbr member
    I rocked this 3" travel SS for a few months but the frame is just a tad to short so I need to get rid of it to make room in the garage for my new custom SS

It has a pivot around the BB so chain length doesn't change at any point through the travel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    I rocked this 3" travel SS for a few months but the frame is just a tad to short so I need to get rid of it to make room in the garage for my new custom SS

It has a pivot around the BB so chain length doesn't change at any point through the travel

That's a sweet setup. Mine requires a tensioner however.

mtbr member
    with a tensioner that can take up alot of slack (Paul Melvin, Rohloff)you can set up pretty much any Full Squish as a SS
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.