Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Retired

New question here. Who's going to the KC Summit

Any of you fine individuals planning on heading down to KC for the Midwest Singletrack Summit in Kansas City. It's like the middle of March. I went last year and it turned out to be a breath of early spring weather. I'm headed down with a couple of buds from Chit-cow-go-land to camp and frolic. I didn't make it out to the Frank Tuesday ride last year, but this year maybe I'll be more brave.

I am the owl
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    Any of you fine individuals planning on heading down to KC for the Midwest Singletrack Summit in Kansas City.
    I'm hoping to. Well see how things pan out.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Anarchist
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ...

I will be. But I live here.,

Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

Minneapplepuss Reprazent

There will be a crue from the 612, for sure: (CRC, Surly, Los Borrachos/Retarded Dingoes, etc). And the Friday night Frank Tuesday Madness is not to be missed. Two years ago it was an urban blitzkrieg thru downtown Kansas City. This year it may be at the trail, but either way, it's a fine time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    carsrcoffins.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I'll be there

I plan to skew the raffle results again this year.

Probably drunk right now

Gary Fisher will be there too....

Not the brand, the man.

I received word this morning that he's coming to the Summit and racing.

Oh yeah, I'll be there too.

Ken

get down!
    oh man, i'll defintely be there..maybe he'll sign my monkey! muahahahah....when is this so I can take off from work? thanks...and when is the frank tuesday deal...that guy is a weirdo with his lawn darts and all..
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

minister of chaos
    I'll be there, but I don't really have a choice. It couldn't be a Frank Tuesday event without Frank Tuesday.
    Frank Tuesday
    minister of chaos
    franktuesday.blogspot.com

mtbr member

True dat.

Case in Point: The Annual Lawrence Kansas Bicycle Pub Crawl. While not a Frank Teusday event, it would have been even more joyous were you there. SW MO represented though, and more than a few bike piles were proudly built. Let's hope for a full ressurection next year! If you can request time off from your wife, that is...

Account Retired

The missing ?

We haven't heard from Squirrelly1, Amy the Wasp, St.louis trail pimpdaddy, and prolly a bunch more. How bout that supercldesdale, martini, soupboy mini-zota crew. Pork Chop?, Rev Patrick? Bueller?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hay guys,

I am going to be there. Don't know if I am going to race or not.

I have a few free draws of beer coming my way. Said beer will be given to those that ask. I am more of a boxed wine/boxed cheese kind of lady.

amy

We haven't heard from Squirrelly1, Amy the Wasp, St.louis trail pimpdaddy, and prolly a bunch more. How bout that supercldesdale, martini, soupboy mini-zota crew. Pork Chop?, Rev Patrick? Bueller?

Probably drunk right now

Answers.....

Quote Originally Posted by appleSSeed
    oh man, i'll defintely be there..maybe he'll sign my monkey! muahahahah....when is this so I can take off from work? thanks...and when is the frank tuesday deal...that guy is a weirdo with his lawn darts and all..

www.earthriders.org

Dates: March 19-21
    Where: Kansas City
    Frank Tuesday: Friday night (perhaps more)

Ken

get down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    www.earthriders.org

Dates: March 19-21
    Where: Kansas City
    Frank Tuesday: Friday night (perhaps more)

Ken

so who's going to let me crash at their pad? or is there camping?
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Account Retired

Camp'n

Free camping for all summit attendees according to the website. Last year the camping was just down the hill from the main summit hookie lau, but from what I can gather from the new webpage the summit will now be located at the boy scout camp, so I dunno if we camp there or elsewhere. I hope to park my van, pop the top and use the bike for transportaion the rest of the weekend just like last year.

Probably drunk right now

More answers....

Free camping for all summit attendees according to the website. Last year the camping was just down the hill from the main summit hookie lau, but from what I can gather from the new webpage the summit will now be located at the boy scout camp, so I dunno if we camp there or elsewhere. I hope to park my van, pop the top and use the bike for transportaion the rest of the weekend just like last year.
    Camping will also be at the Boy Scout camp, so you will not have to go as far to pass out... I mean fall asleep as last year.

Basically the campsite is the trailhead and the festival site.

Ken

Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

Ken likes "Boy" scouts, too!

that's the real reason...
    carsrcoffins.com

Account Retired

How 'bout those campfire girls?

I like the camp right at the summit idea. Does that mean one big a$$ central firepit party zone? Will there be room for my bud's 24' love shack trailer?

Probably drunk right now

Hell Yeah!

I like the camp right at the summit idea. Does that mean one big a$$ central firepit party zone? Will there be room for my bud's 24' love shack trailer?
    Hell Yeah! Bring it!

Ken

dumb ass

:?)

Any of you fine individuals planning on heading down to KC for the Midwest Singletrack Summit in Kansas City.

i'll be down from dulluth.

kl
    Baby seal walks into a club.

Account Retired

Idea! Dude!

I think I just figured out who you is.....well I've know who you are since last September, but now I know that MTNBYKER is you. Any of you Duluthians considering Gnome-Fest?
    http://www.gnome-fest.net/

See ya down in KC!

from the STL

kc masterpiece

the boyz from the stl will be representin' at this fine venue. Where's there's fire, there's beer. Remember '03 bonktober? Damn, that was a hot fire (see Frank Tuesday icon for reference). The 2.7's were a ***** and that was retarded to do but I got kick ass 2.4 panaracer fire fr's and love 'em.

By the way, the KC summit site is cool, too (www.earthriders.com). Somebody wanted more info on it and it was handy.

Matt H

Probably drunk right now

Thanks Izak...

Quote Originally Posted by izak
    the boyz from the stl will be representin' at this fine venue. Where's there's fire, there's beer. Remember '03 bonktober? Damn, that was a hot fire (see Frank Tuesday icon for reference). The 2.7's were a ***** and that was retarded to do but I got kick ass 2.4 panaracer fire fr's and love 'em.

By the way, the KC summit site is cool, too (www.earthriders.com). Somebody wanted more info on it and it was handy.

Matt H
    Gald to hear you're making the trip. Plenty o beer, plenty o riding and of course there has to be a bout o fire jumping too.

The site is.org, not .com, but you can get to the Summit from the .com site too. http://www.earthriders.org/

If you register early, you get hooked up with extra swag and more importantly, free beer.

Ken

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here.

I'm thinking really hard about it. Have to see if I can get vacation that day.

Brakes?

Stl Gonna Represent!!

HELL YEA!!!

The Elite GORC Special Ops Posse is gonna tear into blue springs like a rabid pit-bull into a poodle!!! Beware, don't say we didn't warn you.

BigBadJohnnyD
    StLouis' #1 Trail Pimp since 1997

from the STL

word!

bring it, ride it, burn it

not necessarily in that order

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

It looks pretty good...

It's the first weekend of Spring Break and I'm child free that weekend. Unless I come up with a new girlfriend by then I can't think of any reason I couldn't be there. And any new girlfriend I get better be a biker chic anyway!

Peace,

The Rev. Patrick
    (fed up with all his non-riding ex gfs)

Probably drunk right now

Come on in, then...

Quote Originally Posted by The Rev. Patrick
    It's the first weekend of Spring Break and I'm child free that weekend. Unless I come up with a new girlfriend by then I can't think of any reason I couldn't be there. And any new girlfriend I get better be a biker chic anyway!

Peace,

The Rev. Patrick
    (fed up with all his non-riding ex gfs)
    Between Dirt Rag, the GORC Posse, Frank Tuesday, Cars-r-Coffins, Surly and the Singlespeed Outlaw Crew, you'll be able to gauge very quickly whether any potential GF is a keeper or not. If she can put up with with this trial byy fire, then she can tolerate anything.

We'll see you in March.

Ken

www.earthriders.org

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Now you're talkin

Trials by fire sounds fun.

Probably drunk right now

Ummmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by DanO
    Trials by fire sounds fun.
    What kind of Frank Tuesday/Gorc Wrecking Crew throw down would it be with out some fire jumping....

Glad to hear Zoe's recovering. I didn't get the original email, so that was the first I'd head of her surgery.

Hopefully she'll be back to licking her butt and scratching herself soon.

www.earthriders.org

Ken

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide
    Yo, guy's and gal's the wife and I (perhaps a couple friends) will be going down Thurs night and setting up camp. Going to try and ride the BURP with some local tour guides on Friday morning, maybe drive over to Lawerence and ride the river trail early afternoon, then get back for the Frank Tuesday ride with the Fish and the rest of you animals. Gary when will you be arriving? Ken, where do you think the best camping is going to be? We camped there (BSC) a couple of yrs. ago, but it was at the last race of the year and of couse that was in july and we sweat our asses off. Anyway looking forward to putting some faces to mtbr folks. FYI: I'll be bring down around 6lbs of Morrel mushrooms for those who like them, perhaps some smoked deer loins, for the campfire on Sat. night. Peace

Squirrel

Account Retired

Cool-blue Rhythm Shroomage

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrely1
    Yo, guy's and gal's the wife and I (perhaps a couple friends) will be going down Thurs night and setting up camp. Going to try and ride the BURP with some local tour guides on Friday morning, maybe drive over to Lawerence and ride the river trail early afternoon, then get back for the Frank Tuesday ride with the Fish and the rest of you animals. Gary when will you be arriving? Ken, where do you think the best camping is going to be? We camped there (BSC) a couple of yrs. ago, but it was at the last race of the year and of couse that was in july and we sweat our asses off. Anyway looking forward to putting some faces to mtbr folks. FYI: I'll be bring down around 6lbs of Morrel mushrooms for those who like them, perhaps some smoked deer loins, for the campfire on Sat. night. Peace

Squirrel
    Fresh Morels sautee'd in White Wine with Butter and Shallots.....mmmmmmmm

We're getting there early Friday morning. We're bring'n GoFast's 24' travel trailer and two other ss'rs (RatRide and Toppy) from los gnomes. Let's hook up for a Saturday night pre-race feast. I could cook a bird in my dutch oven or we could fry a whole marinated turkey to go with those shrooms. Let me know what the plan is.

A picture from last year's summit. R to left - BenW, ?, Squirrely, Mrs. Squirrelly, ?......sunny and warm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Probably drunk right now

Gormet Meals and Music...

The bands stop playing at 10:00 p.m. so you should be able to dine to music.

Ken

Faster Than Your TV!

I registered...

and am hoping to make it.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

Marinated plantation chicken, mmmm!!

sounds good to us. I think that I may have some Iowa ditch chicken's (pheasant) in the freezer, never try'd um fried though. We'll see ya soon, brutha!! Peace

Account Retired

... and if we just ... DC Group?

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    and am hoping to make it.
    Are you bringing any of the DC group with you? SSO?Mugg?Drevil?

I am the owl
    Are you bringing any of the DC group with you? SSO?Mugg?Drevil?
    As of now, iconoclaSSt and I are planning on coming. Mugg will be a brand new dad by then, so he is out. Drevil said he's not going, but we are still trying to convince him...
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by riderx
    As of now, iconoclaSSt and I are planning on coming. Mugg will be a brand new dad by then, so he is out. Drevil said he's not going, but we are still trying to convince him...
    Just got off the phone with the wife, and I may be able to swing it. If the logistics and budget make sense, I'll go. I'll private message ya.

Single Speed Junkie

Sure, what the hell

Any of you fine individuals planning on heading down to KC for the Midwest Singletrack Summit in Kansas City. It's like the middle of March. I went last year and it turned out to be a breath of early spring weather. I'm headed down with a couple of buds from Chit-cow-go-land to camp and frolic. I didn't make it out to the Frank Tuesday ride last year, but this year maybe I'll be more brave.
    I'm going to attempt to make it to the KC Summit. Plan is to hit that on the return drive back from the AZSF04. Figure I might as well get some riding in while I'm still unemployed.

Faster Than Your TV!

Way to go, schizo!...

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Just got off the phone with the wife, and I may be able to swing it. If the logistics and budget make sense, I'll go. I'll private message ya.
    I know that when you say you can't make it, it means you can make it, or maybe you can make it, or you'll probably make it, or it's not likely you'll make it, or there's a chance you'll make it, or that there's possibly a slight chance that maybe you'll be able to make it, or, alas, simply that you can't make it.

Don't forget to register.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    I know that when you say you can't make it, it means you can make it, or maybe you can make it, or you'll probably make it, or it's not likely you'll make it, or there's a chance you'll make it, or that there's possibly a slight chance that maybe you'll be able to make it, or, alas, simply that you can't make it.

Don't forget to register.
    Mangia my frommage, mussel-boy!

I try my darndest to get out to things, but sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me. My wife will slap me silly with things like reason and things we already planned, and I eventually learn.

I'd like to go, but if it'll set me back $800*, then I have to balance this against a new couch. Having guests sit on the floors or patio furniture inside my house is getting tired.

*These are rough guesstimates, but:
    $175 cheapest round-trip ticket on US Airways from Baltimore to KC, Missouri (I used orbitz and didn't know the closest airport there.)
    $150 for bike transport on plane
    $240 for Performance cargo box
    $100 for compact car rental for 3 days
    $80 for food and drinks for the weekend
    $100 for room for two nights

I could camp, use a cardboard box for the bike box, eat cheese sandwiches and water all weekend, and catch a cab to and from the airport...

Probably drunk right now

We can help offset some costs....

We can get you from the airport to the Summit (and hotel), so you don't need a car. If you're willing to trust FedEX, one of our local bikeshops will accept your bikes and let you build them up.

Ken

I am the owl

Idea!

*These are rough guesstimates, but:
    $175 cheapest round-trip ticket on US Airways from Baltimore to KC, Missouri (I used orbitz and didn't know the closest airport there.)
    $150 for bike transport on plane
    $240 for Performance cargo box
    $100 for compact car rental for 3 days
    $80 for food and drinks for the weekend
    $100 for room for two nights

I could camp, use a cardboard box for the bike box, eat cheese sandwiches and water all weekend, and catch a cab to and from the airport...
    I'm seeing $139 for airfare from BWI
    $100 for a Crateworks box (that's what I've got) - or a cardboard box or I may be able to locate something for you
    Ship bikes - not sure of cost yet, but should be 50% or less of airline charge
    Shuttle transpo or something similar, no need for rental
    Camp for free.

There, I just saved you around $400 that you can put towards beer!
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Excuses, excuses.

I'd like to go, but if it'll set me back $800*, then I have to balance this against a new couch. Having guests sit on the floors or patio furniture inside my house is getting tired.
    But we just gave you a nice leather couch! Just saved you $500 right there. So you have no excuse whatsover;^). As for me I’ll be up to my neck in dirty diapers and honey do list.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    So with riderX's $400 savings and mugg's $500 savings, I'm $100 over! This is working out better than I expected

Quote Originally Posted by mugg
    But we just gave you a nice leather couch! Just saved you $500 right there. So you have no excuse whatsover;^). As for me I’ll be up to my neck in dirty diapers and honey do list.

I am the owl
    So with riderX's $400 savings and mugg's $500 savings, I'm $100 over! This is working out better than I expected
    Exactly. Tell your wife you are actually going to EARN $100 by going on the trip. You can't miss!
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com

Faster Than Your TV!

Aw, why'd you have to go and spoil things...

Quote Originally Posted by riderx
    Exactly. Tell your wife you are actually going to EARN $100 by going on the trip. You can't miss!
    We had him eating Velveeta sammiches and tap water for three days and returning home to sit on a bare floor to watch the teletubbies.

Wrench In the Gears

Account Retired

Bike Boxing Link

Wow!
    They said it all........the only thing I can add is you can have my free beers and a link to "how to box your bike".

See you in KC

cause it's fun
    Jan 2004

damn ringin in the ears

Fresh Morels sautee'd in White Wine with Butter and Shallots.....mmmmmmmm

We're getting there early Friday morning. We're bring'n GoFast's 24' travel trailer and two other ss'rs (RatRide and Toppy) from los gnomes. Let's hook up for a Saturday night pre-race feast. I could cook a bird in my dutch oven or we could fry a whole marinated turkey to go with those shrooms. Let me know what the plan is.

A picture from last year's summit. R to left - BenW, ?, Squirrely, Mrs. Squirrelly, ?......sunny and warm
    Heard LakeRaven talkin bout me in here...MMM mushrooms...drool....

Peace, Love, Ride em if you got em
    bus driver wanna be

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Ken, I really appreciate it. Please check your private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    We can get you from the airport to the Summit (and hotel), so you don't need a car. If you're willing to trust FedEX, one of our local bikeshops will accept your bikes and let you build them up.

Ken

Probably drunk right now

Any time....

Ken, I really appreciate it. Please check your private messages.
    Just dropped you an email. Sorry about the late response.

Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast