One gear to rule them all

Idea! Who rode Scheaffer Farm yesterday?

I saw a several SS forum regulars at Scheaffer yesterday. I was just wondering how many SS'ers were there yesterday, or ride there regularly? Maybe we should get a group SS ride going? Would anyone be interested?
    With the weather the way it is right now, it may be a while before we could set up a date.

mtbr member

Smile I did...

along with a few other SSers from this board (Drevil, DmofoT, others). Who are you? I can't place the face with the handle.

Check out the pics
    warning, some geary content
    Last edited by JoeP; 01-18-2004 at 10:55 AM. Reason: bad link

I was riding a blue TwoCircles...

I think it is the only one in that area (there's a pic in my profile), I might have arrived after you left? I saw Steve (iconoclSSt,eelpie) right before he left, he said that Drevil was there earlier....I don't think I have met him, but I am not sure.
    One of the reasons I would like to ride with everybody, is to place the faces with the handles, what do ya' think?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP
    along with a few other SSers from this board (Drevil, DmofoT, others). Who are you? I can't place the face with the handle.

Check out the pics
    warning, some geary content
    Last edited by 32seventeen; 01-18-2004 at 08:51 PM.

mtbr member

Yep.

An mtbr ss ride at Schaeffer Farms sounds like a good idea to me. If you post it I'll try to be there. With the wet weather coming up tho, you may want to consider Gambrill or the Fred Shed as alternates.

Fight the Kakistocracy!

why didn't you call me?

Quote Originally Posted by 32seventeen
    I saw a several SS forum regulars at Scheaffer yesterday. I was just wondering how many SS'ers were there yesterday, or ride there regularly? Maybe we should get a group SS ride going? Would anyone be interested?
    With the weather the way it is right now, it may be a while before we could set up a date.
    A shourt commute from TucSSon, I call you to rub in the fine weather, at least you could invite me. I am looking forward to someday SSchaefer rides with you guys again.

veelz
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Next time I will call....

It will only take you.....3 days to drive here, right!

Quote Originally Posted by veelz
    A shourt commute from TucSSon, I call you to rub in the fine weather, at least you could invite me. I am looking forward to someday SSchaefer rides with you guys again.

veelz

formerly Giantxc

Wasn't at Schaefer, but...

would be up for another DC area SS ride at some point.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Yup, I set up the ride, but I didn't send out a blanket invite because I intended it to be an easy-cheezy slouchfest. I didn't want to waste anyone's time while I coughed up a lung draggin' ass. Four weeks of being sick takes a toll on you.

Maybe we can set up a big SS mini-gathering at the 'Shed or Schaeffer sometime soon? Or Avalon? We can even try one of those poll thingies on this board for the best place, eh?

-rickyd

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Yup, I set up the ride, but I didn't send out a blanket invite because I intended it to be an easy-cheezy slouchfest. I didn't want to waste anyone's time while I coughed up a lung draggin' ass. Four weeks of being sick takes a toll on you.-rickyd
    Yea thanks for taking it easy on me. Definitely a fun ride that I would be up for doing again.

Pick the place for next time- I've never ridden Avalon, Schaeffer is super nice when it's dry, and the Shed, well the shed always turns out to be a good story for me...just wait for me at the top...

DT

mtbr member

We met there last weekend...

I had the Matt Chester in the parking lot - you were on your way out. Always up for a Schaeffer ride since I live close now, but the Watershed is tops and will stay dry through the spring.

Faster Than Your TV!

I'd be up for it...

All that remains is picking the date.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

mtbr member

Count in the Clarksville Clowns

Let us know when you go..... or if you ever come up to Avalon - Landing Rd, UMBC - Park and Ride or even further North to Gambrills.

We're game.

Shiftless
    "Work Harder...Not Smarter - Single Speed"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I'm in for Schaeffer

I was gonna ride there yesterday, but pulled the plug cause the park below my house was getting soggy by mid-day (usually a good measure of trail conditions locally). Guess I should'a gone after all....How was the trail out in the open anyway?

Count me in for future rides.

1GearBeer (was RHr)
    Porrick

Faster Than Your TV!

Trail conditions were almost perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by 1GearBeer
    I was gonna ride there yesterday, but pulled the plug cause the park below my house was getting soggy by mid-day (usually a good measure of trail conditions locally). Guess I should'a gone after all....How was the trail out in the open anyway?

Count me in for future rides.

1GearBeer (was RHr)
    overall, dusty, dry, and frozen. Out in the farm areas (second loop, near the 4 way intersection) there was a little tacky mud, but nothing that would stick long to your tires. No sloppage/gloppage stuff.

Great day for a ride, you missed out!
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

Fight the Kakistocracy!

IF you set something up

Give us out of towners a chance to cash in on frequent flyer miles and come and join you. I know that I can count on you to put me up. I would live to come out in the fall and ride when the air starts to get brisk. Let me know if y'all can get something pulled together, I need to visit my MD brothers.

veelz
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

What about this coming weekend?

What do you think it would be like a Schaeffer this weekend? I think if we did a ride early everything would be frozen, no mud. What do you guys think? Ice could be a problem?
    Is there a way we can check if Schaeffer will be open? I went there one time this winter when the gates were closed do to muddy conditions, although it was 20 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    All that remains is picking the date.

mtbr member

Schaeffer hotline

What do you think it would be like a Schaeffer this weekend? I think if we did a ride early everything would be frozen, no mud. What do you guys think? Ice could be a problem?
    Is there a way we can check if Schaeffer will be open? I went there one time this winter when the gates were closed do to muddy conditions, although it was 20 degrees.
    Is 301-924-1998. They seem to be very good in updating it if they decide to close.

mtbr member

Clarksville Clowns are in - Someone post a poll w/ time and date options

We're in. Let's go early 8ish??? Sunday would be better then Sat. but let us now!

shiftless

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaSteve
    Is 301-924-1998. They seem to be very good in updating it if they decide to close.
    Last edited by Shiftless Wonder; 01-21-2004 at 02:25 PM.
    "Work Harder...Not Smarter - Single Speed"