mtbr member

Who do you pedal with?

Just wondering if you all ride with geared folk at all. Being relatively new to the SS thing, I will ride with anyone who will have me. Plus, I still dont know anyone else with an SS, so geared folk is all I have, although I dont hesitate to go solo.

mtbr member
    I usually ride solo but also enjoy riding with others.

mtbr member

Good question

Iíll ride with anyone I donít really care if they are faster or slower than me. I donít care if they have 1 gear or 27+. My bikes are rigid, but I donít discriminate against the springy crowd. Some days I would rather ride alone and on those days I do. Other times group rides are great --hammerfests, social pace, or a mix it doesnít matter. I always enjoy showing up at a trailhead and finding old friends and making new friends on the trail.

USB Rep'n
    I ride alone or with my best bud mainly. We do have some larger groupd rides several times a month but bascially, it doesn't matter. Riding alone is actually good for the soul sometimes.

If your question is really can ss'ers and gearies ride together, the answer is YES! What's relly fun is when the geary doesn't know you're on a SS. At some point they figure it out and it's almost alwyas that same pinwheels in the eyes look!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Fat, but working on it...
    I ride every day. One or two days a month I get a friend to join me, but usually I'm alone. Once or twice a week some local dogs join me, but no other humans...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

i'll ride with anyone.

i've been riding with my new neighbor and his buddy a lot, and they are both tech-geeks on full suspension bikes (they each have several, including DH bikes). at first i think they thought i was some kind of goofball, but then a few weeks ago my neighbor rolls over to my place on, you guessed it, a singlespeed!

he hasn't ridden it with me yet, but that's probably because he just got a new 5 Spot that's taking up all his time. perhaps i will be able to lure him to the dark side. ;-)

as for riding with gearies, i don't think it's a big deal. if they were total xc hammerheads, i'm sure it wouldn't work out for me, but since many of the people i ride with are more "freeride" oriented (i.e. they drink even more than i do and ride really, really heavy bikes) keeping up with them isn't that much of a problem.
    [size=1][/size]

The name's Norm...
    As smeets1 put it, I'll ride with anyone. I enjoy the groups. I also ride with a buddy of mine a lot. But if there is a group, I'll join it. Especially if they're all SSers!!

Manual4ever
    I usually ride alone, but i pass allot of geared folk

Dax
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    i've been riding with my new neighbor and his buddy a lot, and they are both tech-geeks on full suspension bikes (they each have several, including DH bikes). at first i think they thought i was some kind of goofball, but then a few weeks ago my neighbor rolls over to my place on, you guessed it, a singlespeed!

I just realised I'm a tech-geek on a full supension bike......