Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Who considers themselves Angry Single Speeders?

4K views 40 replies 37 participants last post by  C Cow 
#1 ·
:m:mad: I admit it I am an Angry Single Speeder. sometimes anger is all I have to get me up that hill. To be able to push yourself to the point your guts may explode out your arse. To push so hard hen you get to the top you feel like your drowning from the humidity and lack of oxygen.Anger is what drives me, i will drop out of a ride to go back and try again just so i can clean it. I like anger , it keeps me warm.:mad::mad::mad::madman::madmax::madmax: , I love my single speed!

#19 ·
I believe one needs approximately 66% of bikes with multiple gears in order to be angry.

Seriously, this whole "Angry Singlespeeder (sic)" strikes me as too much of a "look at me!!!" sort of thing.
I've been an angry bike mechanic for much of my life, but never an angry single speeder.

Los

#39 ·
This Angry Singlespeeder business has about as much appeal as another PBR wielding hipster.
Meh.
I don't view singlespeeding as a lifestyle choice, philosophy, religion, or mood association. If I had to apply a label to myself I suppose it would be "Rider". That's it. My bike is a single speed, yes... but really that's incidental.

#17 ·
I'm a mix. I get angry (see also: Passionate) when climbing, but I always finish the climb with a smile and a sense of accomplishment. While my geared friends just look at me like I am crazy. A lot of times I beat them, so that may have something to do with it.

I am happy being at the back of the straight downhill sections, but catch them and ride their back wheel on the downhill twisty parts.

I love failing on a hill one day, only to come back later and conquer that same hill. feels good to see that progress knowing that I did it with the same gear that I couldn't do it in earlier.

#20 ·
Never, riding a singlespeed is one of my "happy places" in life, especially out on the open hills when the warm sun is shining and there's a sheep track to follow.
I like to store all these images in my head for when the day comes that I can no longer experience this.

#21 ·
Since I built up my latest Monocog I was a happy singlespeeder. My last SS ride the chain dropped while I mashed up a slight hill which sent me straight to the dirt resulting in a sprained wrist. I was an angry singlespeeder on the ride home. Now I'm a scared singlespeeder, putting off installing a new chain for the past 3 weeks..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.