mtbr member
    May 2008

Where can I find a Surly 20T cog?

Seems like they're on back order at most places including my LBS. I ordered one on Bike Bling but a week later was told the vender wasn't going to have them for a couple weeks. I'm currently using a stamped cog and hoping not to dig into the hub too much.
    Think they're on back order everyplace?
    Last edited by bank5; 05-03-2016 at 07:25 AM.

mtbr member
    QBP has an eta on them for the end of May.
    Thorn in your Sidewall
    Vassago Jabberwocky

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just picked one up at my LBS, it was just laying around. I guess I'm lucky.

SS Pusher Man
    There are more options out there than just Surly for cogs.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    But why would you ever wanna run anything other than a Surly cog? I prefer my drivetrain steel. Sure there's King, but why spend the extra cash?

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeStroganoff View Post
    But why would you ever wanna run anything other than a Surly cog? I prefer my drivetrain steel. Sure there's King, but why spend the extra cash?
    I run them as well.....but the OP can't find one....so maybe he should look into other options. Wolftooth makes a steel cog with a wide base as well.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    if your LBS has access to Hawley stuff, look into Singleworks cogs. I have had one on my bike forever. slightly cheaper than a Surly cog and probably the same quality.
    Thorn in your Sidewall
    Vassago Jabberwocky

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    I run them as well.....but the OP can't find one....so maybe he should look into other options. Wolftooth makes a steel cog with a wide base as well.
    I definitely don't mind switching (my Surly actually didn't last as long as I would have thought) but I want steel and to spend $35 or less. Seems like Wolftooth steel are > $50.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    if your LBS has access to Hawley stuff, look into Singleworks cogs. I have had one on my bike forever. slightly cheaper than a Surly cog and probably the same quality.
    They only carry Surly cogs. But is there anyplace I can get a Singleworks 20t online?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynn Sluder View Post
    looks good at first. $20 cog, $22 shipping. i don't know who pays those shipping charges? I like some of the products they offer but can't figure out a way to get around the shipping cost.

I tried to buy a $50 handlebar from them last week until i saw the shipping charge was $70. i e-mailed them to see if it was a mistake, it wasn't. no sale.

I've ordered from multiple other Euro websites and the shipping was very reasonable, even free in some instances. why can't Planet X offer a more competitive shipping charge? or rebuild their warehouse in the US? bummer
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    I too am missing the awesomely cheap stuff from On One ever since their US distro went under. sad day for everyone involved. if they work out another US distro, I will start buying their stuff again. I rode a Pompino, some On One mtb tires, their handlebars and one of their stems over the years. good stuff, cheaper than anything out there for the quality.

Has On-One fixed their shipping rates issue yet?

On-One overseas shipping, update?
    Thorn in your Sidewall
    Vassago Jabberwocky

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    looks good at first. $20 cog, $22 shipping. i don't know who pays those shipping charges? I like some of the products they offer but can't figure out a way to get around the shipping cost.

I tried to buy a $50 handlebar from them last week until i saw the shipping charge was $70. i e-mailed them to see if it was a mistake, it wasn't. no sale.

I've ordered from multiple other Euro websites and the shipping was very reasonable, even free in some instances. why can't Planet X offer a more competitive shipping charge? or rebuild their warehouse in the US? bummer
    Thanks, I was just about to go through the checkout process but saw your post. Yeah, I'm not willing to pay $22 for shipping something that can fit in an envelope

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I got a Surly 19t from Jenson. Don't know what they have now, but worth checking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sorry, when I put them in my favorites they had a shop out of the PNW I think. I bought quite a few cogs of different tooth count for my tool box.

Hope they come back over.

mtbr member
    wiggle.com | Surly 17T to 22T Cassette Cogs | Cassettes And Freewheels

Wiggle's showing 6 20T in stock at the moment. Note that's coming from England, and they guesstimate 5-10 days for standard shipping.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Where can I find a Surly 20T cog?

www.wheelsinmotion.us or just walk into the store in Ann Arbor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk