Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

wheelsets...

578 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BCBlur 
#1 ·
ok, i am slowly peicing together a new ride for the spring. its the first time that i am actually picking all the parts. right now i am currently running a 5 year old chameleon w/ marzoccho atom z1 SS. . .

the new ride is going to be an
evil sovereign (long or reg i dont know yet)
forks will MOST likely be an RS pike

now the next part is going to be hubs/wheels. . .

what single speed hubs are you guys running, or are you just getting the conversion kits?

what would you guys suggest? i am hoping to get a wheelset thats somewhat strong AND ligth for around $500. it will be used for DJ/park/single track all about the same.

(remember with the PIKE has a 20mm maxle :D )

#3 ·
i have a pre-made surly wheel that has held up pretty good. i was looking into getting something with a cassette and not freewheel, purely for the bling factor :D

i definetly need a new front wheel since im looking to get a fork with a 20mm thru axle.

thanks

#5 ·
White Industries

I'm running ENO and Racer X hubs on my SS. I see you don't need an ecentric, but I got to say, they run so super smooth, and build up so nice, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't use one. I also like the high polished bling factor, and if you use a lot of anti-seize and the correct tool, swapping freewheels is no big deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.