Your bike sucks

Wheelbuilding: I need the hub DIMs for the Novatec (on-one, planet x)

Does anyone have the needed dimensions for the Novatec hub? I want to findout what length spokes I need.

Also, does anyone remember if those QR conversion kits are still available?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Carl Mega; 04-16-2004 at 05:18 PM. Reason: forgot something

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega
    Does anyone have the needed dimensions for the Novatec hub? I want to findout what length spokes I need.

Also, does anyone remember if those QR conversion kits are still available?

Thanks.
    Here's the info I had on the Novatec Disc 32 hole hubs....

Front: Flange Diameter = 58mm
    Left Center To Flange:21mm,

Right Center To Flange:37mm

Rear: Flange Diameter = 58mm
    Left Center To Flange:31.5mmRight Center To Flange:35.5mm

Hope this helps - if your not looking for disc hubs I have no idea.... I had these dimensions from a wheelset I built up for a friend - just had to dig through my book of specs to find the info I had. If you know what rim you are using - I might be able to calculate the spoke length you need also...

FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

Your bike sucks

Thanks for the quick reply

Thanks FF.

Here's the deal: I just acquired a 36H Novatec disk rear hub from ebay. I'm also planning on using a 618 mavic rim. Basically, I ran the numbers you gave me - but plugged in 36H and came up with 258mm for left and right side (257.7 and 258.2 respectively). The only thing that may be wrong is I assumed that 618 and 517 have the same ERD since (I think) they use the same mold. Please correct me if I'm wrong!! So FF, if you want to double check my numbers - I won't turn the free advice away. I plan to order the rim and spokes from Nashbar tomorrow (Sunday).

Thanks again.

[Rear: Flange Diameter = 58mm
    Left Center To Flange:31.5mmRight Center To Flange:35.5mm

Hope this helps - if your not looking for disc hubs I have no idea.... I had these dimensions from a wheelset I built up for a friend - just had to dig through my book of specs to find the info I had. If you know what rim you are using - I might be able to calculate the spoke length you need also...

FF

The Top Cap Guy
    I didn't have any listings for 36 hole Novatech hubs... so my 36 hole calculations would pretty much be a guess....

But yes the 517 and 618 have the same ERD of 542

Hope that helps
    FF

Your bike sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    But yes the 517 and 618 have the same ERD of 542
    FF
    Hmmm. Spocalc has the x517 ERD as 540.5 - and your number of 542 seems like it's enough to change my spoke length to 259. While 1mm diff. isn't the end of the world, I would like to get it right since the number leg work is pretty easy to confirm. Maybe I should post in the wheelbuilding forum and see what they've been using?

Even though the version of spocalc I'm using is the newest, I don't nec. trust the data sheets.

Thanks again!

C.

The Top Cap Guy
    Before you buy from Nashbar ask for the Tech Dept - they should be able to give you an opinion about spoke sizes also - and also double check the ERD of the rim!

FF