MONKEYMAN

What's up with Chris King?!? "Disc-go-tech" Single speed hub ? No more ISO disc SS?

Hi~
    I've been trying to get my hands on a CK SS ISO disc mountain hub for about 3 months now. The only one I can find is the "Disc-go-tech" version which I'm kind of leary of. There is no mention of the adaptor on their site. Does anyone have any information about it? Anyone using one?

I've sent 3 emails to CK requesting information. No response at all from them.

I want this hub since because it's got great adjustability on chainline, no dish etc. This is bumming me out since summer is almost gone!

Anyone know what's going on with CK production?
    “I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there”

Yo!
    mtbr member
    Have you tried calling them?

I had an issue w a headset and called them. Answered on the second ring and sent a replacement part in less than 5 minutes for no money.

MONKEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo!
    Have you tried calling them?
    I had an issue w a headset and called them. Answered on the second ring and sent a replacement part in less than 5 minutes for no money.
    Oh yeah, telephone. duh. what a concept!

[dials]

"The number you have dialed is no longer in service or has been disconnected. Please check the number and try again."

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by finger51

[dials]

"The number you have dialed is no longer in service or has been disconnected. Please check the number and try again."
    503.972.4050?

MONKEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    503.972.4050?
    yep. tried that one too- went to voicemail. sigh.

Betty Blue needs a new rear end!

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    503-867-5309?

Yo!
    mtbr member

[dials]

I dialed this number just now and it worked. Also called the 503 number.

They must be at lunch or something, it is 12:30 in Portland right now...

meatier showers
    I've got a 2002 CK Disc-go-tech SS hub. I can't believe it's still available. CK developed its Disc-go-tech system during the infancy of disc brakes before a rotor bolt hole standard existed. Some brake manufacturers offered 6-hole rotors, some 3, etc. The Disc-go-tech hub allowed for various adapters that one would order with the hub based on what brand of brake (s)he was using.

I thought when the ISO disc became standard CK quit producing the Disc-go-tech hub.

By the way, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's marginally heavier than the ISO version (because of the adapter) but I believe the internals are identical. The shell (& adapter) is the difference.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Anyone know what's going on with CK production?
    New line of road hubs are taking off and they haven't added any more capacity.

Cambria hoards all kinds of old products; I'm not really surprised that they still have Disc-go-tech's in stock. Then again their inventory management is supposedly pretty bad, so you never know if they really do have them in stock or not

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What is this 503 number?

800-523-6008 is working for me, and someone just picked up on the third ring.

MONKEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    By the way, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's marginally heavier than the ISO version (because of the adapter) but I believe the internals are identical. The shell (& adapter) is the difference.
    --sParty
    yeah, I'm sure it's fine. But if I'm going to drop that kind of $$$ I want exactly what I want, n'est-ce pas?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just buy a Hope hub instead. They're lighter, cheaper, and have the same features you desired from the Chris King.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmucker
    Just buy a Hope hub instead. They're lighter, cheaper, and have the same features you desired from the Chris King.
    Actually, Hope uses a diferent way of doing the internals. King's are more durable, less likely to break the hub shell.

I have been told by wheel builders I know that King product has been very difficult to get this summer. I do not know the reason why, but it isn't a isolated problem.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Jun 2010
    Here's a link with the adapters:

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?ID=86661

I have had a hubset of disc go techs since 2003 and they have been completely maintenance and trouble free. About a month ago sent them for an overhaul and they charged me $40.00 for a complete refurbish (basically, everything new except the shells).

There are several parts that I will always have in my bikes that always perform flawlessly and basically last forever. Chris King products are among them.

mtbr member
    Hey finger51, What frame you sportin' on Betty Blue. Sure looks good!
    Nobody will hurt you more than yourself

MONKEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by blsuedeshu
    Hey finger51, What frame you sportin' on Betty Blue. Sure looks good!
    That's a Retrotec twin- more pics here

mtbr member
    Thanks. That is a fine looking rig you have there. I thought it might have been a Retrotec, but I was not sure. Any issues with the tire being so close to the seat tube? Must have short chain stays.
    Nobody will hurt you more than yourself

MONKEYMAN
    Never had a problem. But then, I'm pretty choosy as to when and where I take her out. I'd have liked a bit more room back there. There were some other issues relating to details which I think were caused by the order proximity to the 2008 SS World Championship race, which was hosted by Curtis.

(To anyone going custom, write down all agreed upon details & inspect the frame BEFORE it goes to paint! We did part 1 but failed at part 2)

Obi
    mtbr member
    Did I miss something here, what's wrong with just using this?
    Chris King Precision Components - 2801 NW Nela St. Portland, OR 97210 USA - 800-523-6008
    http://chrisking.com/hubs/hbs_sspeed_disc
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Did I miss something here, what's wrong with just using this?

http://chrisking.com/hubs/hbs_sspeed_disc
    Yup, you missed something.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

metrotuned WoS
    Universal Cycles has 32H red in stock. They say this: "Chris King is literally right down the street from our shop and we stock every King product and color imaginable. So if by chance you don't see what you are looking for give us a call and let us know, if King makes it we can get it!"

No doubt CK is super, but what is going on in 2010 that they fail to have a set of bolt on hubs? They only have the fun bolts for the rear. That is the main reason why I never went CK.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout