sufferer of a.d.d.

what size in bianchi frames?

i'm interested in getting a used ss. i am 5'11" with about a 32" inseam in bare feet. what size frame should i be looking at? i was thinking about 18.5" maybe 19" but i don't know.
    thanks in advance

mtbr member

I'm 5'11" and I ride a Bianchi Diss 19.5" Frame

I'm 5'11" and I ride a Bianchi Diss 19.5" Frame. I've only ridden it a handful of times so i can't give you the official yay-or-nay but it seems to be working out fine right now. I chose the 19.5" based on standover height (31).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I've got one

I'll sell you my frame if you're interested. It's a 19". I want a Santa Cruz Chameloen so I can have the gear option. Hit me with an e-mail if you're interested.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    i'm interested in getting a used ss. i am 5'11" with about a 32" inseam in bare feet. what size frame should i be looking at? i was thinking about 18.5" maybe 19" but i don't know.
    thanks in advance

got endorphin?
    Jan 2004

New question here. Bianchi SISS for sale

I have a siss(19.5, 6 mo old) I will be selling in 2-3 wks. Are you interested??

BB

sufferer of a.d.d.

you guys that are selling your bikes...

are you selling them as just frames? or with cranksets, forks....what would you want to include inthe package?

try driving your car less

thanks in advance
    I am about 6 foot and ride a 19.5" CUSS. It's a little small, so it should be just right for you. They dont come in all that many sizes. From 19.5 they go down to 17.5, which I think would be too small. And the 21.5 too big.
    Only boring people get bored.

sufferer of a.d.d.
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    From 19.5 they go down to 17.5, which I think would be too small. And the 21.5 too big.
    i have seen used bikes that claim they are 18.5. is that a mistake or maybe just a different model of theirs is offered in different sizes?

also, if i am a 19 in a bianchi frame do you think i'd be approximately a 19 in other frames?

got endorphin?
    Jan 2004

frame only

frame only

are you selling them as just frames? or with cranksets, forks....what would you want to include inthe package?

mtbr member

Bianchi DISS For Sale

19.5" Bianchi DISS for sale on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

surly_b@st@rd
    thanks in advance
    yup, i'm the same.....5'11" / 32"inseam and i ride
    a 19.5 2003 SISS. that size fits "poifectly"

on most "standard" frames i ride an 18.5", but like i said,
    the bianchi fits.
    The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it. -Linus Torvalds

mtbr member
    thanks in advance

I have owned both a 17.5 BUSS and a 19.5 SISS. I am 6' with a 33" inseam and I thought that both of these frames fit me fine. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that frame size can be a matter of personal preference. If you normally like to ride a smaller frame, go with the 17.5 or if you like your frames on the larger side, go with the 19.5. Best bet would be to find one of each size and try them on for fit and see what you like best. I know this probably did not help you much. Sorry.

One gear to rule them all

I had a 19.5" DISS..

when I was sizing my DISS, I went off of top tube length (22.9"). The 19.5 was the closest fit, but it was taller than I would have liked. My DISS was 19.5" Center to top of the collar, and 18" C to C. I am 5'-11" with a 33" inseam....for reference. The next size down (17.5") would have been way too short in the top tube.The Bianchi's all have fairly short top tubes, so my option was: get a taller frame, or run a long stem. In the end I just replaced the frame with a two circles. I loved the DISS, but I was just not happy with the fit. Hope this helps.

thanks in advance