Thread: Wasp

mtbr member

Wasp

So I am riding a nice long ride... 30 miles. About mile 26, stung by a wasp so abruptly on my stomach. It felt worse than this.

This is SS related because I was riding my single speed road bike.

master blaster
    ive never been stung by a wasp.
    but this one time at band camp...

Witty McWitterson
    i keep watching that...goddam.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Last week I couldn't get rid of a couple of horseflies. Those winged bastards followed me for a half mile. Didn't know they were on me until they bit. Finally got revenge on one...

mtbr member
    it's the wasp mating call of your WI freewheel.

Apr 2007
    Get yourself an Ab Lounge. They'll bounce right off of you.

underachiever
    last year on a group XC ride, I was hanging out in the back with a guy that was new to the sport. the folks up ahead (by a couple of minutes) must have disturbed a bee's nest on the trail. the buggers came out of nowhere and I screamed out "bees, bees, bees!" to warn the other guy to bolt. I didn't even see what type bees they were as it happened all so fast. I was stung 8 times (head, neck, back, abdomen, butt and legs). went home and took benadryl and percocet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdangerpants
    last year on a group XC ride, I was hanging out in the back with a guy that was new to the sport. the folks up ahead (by a couple of minutes) must have disturbed a bee's nest on the trail. the buggers came out of nowhere and I screamed out "bees, bees, bees!" to warn the other guy to bolt. I didn't even see what type bees they were as it happened all so fast. I was stung 8 times (head, neck, back, abdomen, butt and legs). went home and took benadryl and percocet.
    Lucky! the worst allergic reaction was...

1995 at a mountain bike race. Got stung on my chest. After the race, I couldn't handle it. Broke out in hives and had difficulty breathing.

Went to a McDonald's with some friends to eat something... I instantly puked.

Went home, went to bed and thought to myself - if I die now, then that's it.

Woke up later with a huge headache and just feeling like crap. That's how carps feel, like crap.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You always make me laugh.I like random rubbish.

Yo!
    mtbr member
    I had a bee suck up in the collar of my shirt on a road ride one day. It went in from behind, so it got caught in between my tshirt and my back.

Stung me bad and man I felt like my torso tightened up almost instantly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Last year I had a bee get in under the side of my glasses as I was ten miles outside of town and sting me about a 1/4 inch from the eye. I rode home, but when I finally got home my eye had swollen shut.

mtbr member
    I was riding one day down a hill. As soon as the bee went in my mouth I spit it out - it managed to sting my on my tongue. I was talking funny for a few hours.

mtbr member
    My 2 best stinging insect encounters were:
    The one that flew behind my sunglasses and stung me in the eye on a technical descent, which resulted in a spectacular endo as I took both hands off the bars to rip the glasses off my face.
    And then there was the wasp that flew up my shorts leg and stung me on the inside thigh numerous times on a fast downhill as i'm screaming and trying to stop.

Luckily I'm not allergic.

openwound
    No stinging today but I had frickin' gnats flying up my nose -- which I guess means I need to mtfu and climb faster...

Proud Snob
    Apr 2009
    We
    Are
    Sexual
    Perverts
    ?

Proud Snob
    Apr 2009
    White
    Anglo
    Saxon