mtbr member

Vulture Cycles past and future

Greetings Yall one speeders. First to answer a couple of questions about Paul J's bike. It is welded not brazed, I saved and saved my sheckels and bought a super fancy tig machine that makes my life much easier and makes my welds prettier, I stepped up to the industry standard machine and am much happier. I still braze the dropouts, disc tab and silver the acoutrements. I made the bike heavier than I wanted to but my priorities lie in durability before weight savings (overkill in this case) Paul said he liked the way it rode so there. Thats the past, now for the future. Vulture Cycles just stepped way up in the bicycle frame manufacturing world, the demise of the tandem factory that also made two circles frames is now DesChutes Cycles, the home of Vulture Cycles. My friend Derrick and I possess all of the eqipment and a bunch of tubing and about 1000 square feet of frame building shop. Derrick is famous for being a kick ass rider and custom frame painter at Co-motion. We will be building anything and everything from affordable production frames to super chi chi ultra customs, tandems included. This is a big step, our goals are to produce super sweet frames and make customs available on a much more timely basis, in other words, what you want without the wait. The website is getting dialed as we speak and we should be up and running in two weeks. Please come out to the shop if you are in Bendor, jumps will be built, there is a backhoe at our disposal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

blame me for missed rides
    Way Cool.

34N 118W

way to grow!

great news Wade. Will look forward to seeing the goodness roll outta there

Jeff

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Will your frames still be called Vulture or are you changing it to Deschutes?

Good going! It's great you were able to hook up with new digs and equipment.

If only my buddy didn't move away from Bend. It would have been easy to crash at his place and check the place out.

mtbr member
    Sweet, I'm still planning on my next frame being a custom Vulture.... But it'll be a while yet. Good to see you and Derrick movin into the new digs.

Cyclist

congrats

You're doing something many of us wish we could!!!

Good luck on your new venture.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

Medium?
    Shekels! LOL!

I just happen to have a pocket full of brand new shekels that I bought at the post office in Ra'anana this morning.

Sweet move on the shop man. You should raise your prices so you can keep the fridge' stocked with fine Obsidian Stout. And let us know when you kick out the first Ti frame.

Appalachian Singletrack'n

Congratulations

Its great to see a small builder that has the passion to grow a little. Your bikes seam to represent what allot of long time riders are looking for. I hope you success continues.

cut like the fog.
    Congrats guys, nice to see a bike company moving onward and upward these days. Can't wait to see the new product!

good lucks,
    b.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]

The Top Cap Guy
    That's great Wade! I've been saving my pennies to get one... ever since Shiggy and I road last fall....

So with the new shop are you sticking to just steel? Or is aluminum going to be tried (isn't that what was built there before)?

Congrats!
    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

Witty McWitterson
    Congrates Wade! First a baby, and now this. The world is doing you good man. I hope to hook up with you on a frame someday. awesome news.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Sweet Wade!
    I'm loving my Vulture and hope to add another one to the family in the future.
    By the way, what is the industry standard on wait times? I got mine within 6 weeks I think! That is smokin' fast compared to every surfboard I've ever ordered!

banned

YAHOO! Go Unitard!

yeah buddy, big congrats Wade. my Anvil jig arrived yesterday and my mitering system should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm ordering tubing today. I should be starting operations next week.

I met & skied with some Bend folks last week in UT. very cool. husband is serious mtn biker who's never ridden the North Umpqua, I told him about you sending me & Brock up there, he was salivating to ride it this summer.

c'mon out to Missoula to ski, JAK & I will show you the goods and you can check out my shop.

Sean

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Very cool and exciting! Best of luck. S

try driving your car less

question:

Quote Originally Posted by vulture
    Greetings Yall one speeders. First to answer a couple of questions about Paul J's bike. It is welded not brazed, I saved and saved my sheckels and bought a super fancy tig machine that makes my life much easier and makes my welds prettier, I stepped up to the industry standard machine and am much happier. I still braze the dropouts, disc tab and silver the acoutrements. I made the bike heavier than I wanted to but my priorities lie in durability before weight savings (overkill in this case) Paul said he liked the way it rode so there. Thats the past, now for the future. Vulture Cycles just stepped way up in the bicycle frame manufacturing world, the demise of the tandem factory that also made two circles frames is now DesChutes Cycles, the home of Vulture Cycles. My friend Derrick and I possess all of the eqipment and a bunch of tubing and about 1000 square feet of frame building shop. Derrick is famous for being a kick ass rider and custom frame painter at Co-motion. We will be building anything and everything from affordable production frames to super chi chi ultra customs, tandems included. This is a big step, our goals are to produce super sweet frames and make customs available on a much more timely basis, in other words, what you want without the wait. The website is getting dialed as we speak and we should be up and running in two weeks. Please come out to the shop if you are in Bendor, jumps will be built, there is a backhoe at our disposal.
    wow. next step: total world domination!
    do you make frames with the S&S couplers so the bike fits in a case without paying airline fees? or the retrofit? or any other comparable system? thanks.
    Only boring people get bored.

Frequent Crasher
    Wow thats great Wade! I am still thinking about adding a 26" Vulture to go along with my gorgeous 29'er. I will post a pic of the latest addition to my bike later tonight.

Superbad

highly visible

Congrats Wade!

nmnmnm