Drinking the Slick_Juice

Vuelta Single Ring Chainring Bolt Set

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/165...g-Bolt-Set.htm

since there this product wasn't added to the list i want to inform people about these chain ring bolts. they snapped, all of them. i was just tightening them a bit and then one snapped so i started to see if they would all do that and they all just snapped.

imagine what would have happened if that happened on the trail ! i don't know if this has happened to anyone else but i would not recommended these bolts.

i had to replace them with my old ones : http://www.danscomp.com/459003.php?cat=RACE
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

himom!
    Apr 2006
    Did you over-torque them?

Golden Bears United
    double post

Golden Bears United
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcgoy
    Did you over-torque them?
    That shouldn't matter; but then again, the OP should not have used ALUMINUM bolts.

For both of my conversions, I just used the regular stainless steel chainring bolts plus spacers w/ slits. I installed and torqued the heck out of them until they couldn't move at all. That's how I could be sure that these bolts won't come loose on the trails when I put my heavy ass on them during a climb. They're about $2 for a dozen or so spacers, and they held up for years without any problems.
    Last edited by TeeKay; 04-27-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    yea i had these on there for the looks.stainless is the way to go.i still have a set of these on my road bike
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

banned
    Apr 2009
    I know what not to buy now (alum).