Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 107
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andy aka Rut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,172

    Vision Quest less than 12 weeks away...

    Do we have any takers? Every year this event sells out and we end up talking about it for weeks afterwards. If you are interested, here is a link. It is already over 1/2 way full.


    http://www.warriorssociety.org/Event...eral_info.html

    andy
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

  2. #2
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    I'm in!

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  3. #3
    SS Grrrrrrrl
    Reputation: dirtcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    Do we have any takers? Every year this event sells out and we end up talking about it for weeks afterwards. If you are interested, here is a link. It is already over 1/2 way full.


    http://www.warriorssociety.org/Event...eral_info.html

    andy
    I'm all signed up... but there's no way in h#ll I'm doing this on my SS. :-P

  4. #4
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrab
    I'm all signed up... but there's no way in h#ll I'm doing this on my SS. :-P
    Aawww, come on now, you've got a month or two to train:-)

    Just kidding,the quest is a huge accomplishment, gears or single. It'll be great to have some other MTBR'rs out there and put some faces with names!

    Good luck,

    Brian
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  5. #5
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    wife and i are still in.
    i'm hurting already.

  6. #6
    Old Bikes Suck!
    Reputation: vdubbusrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    779

    um, like oh my god! like wheres the trail, ya know?

    i'd like to do this but....where the hell is it? the web sight just gives trail names that i don't recognize.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VDUBBUSRIDER
    San Diego, CA


    Keyesville Vintage Mountain bike race!
    http://www.ssfta.com/vintage-race.html

    Anybody selling a Cook Bros. mtn stem? How about a blue Chris King Theaded headset?

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,996

    100 dollars? American?

    Seems like a lot to ride where we already ride for the cost of a yearly adventure parking pass.
    Please tell me the money goes to a good cause and what %??

  8. #8
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Nazi
    Seems like a lot to ride where we already ride for the cost of a yearly adventure parking pass.
    Please tell me the money goes to a good cause and what %??
    A phenomenal cause.
    The organization exists to protect land and to keep trails open.
    They fight against politicians who seek to close down thousands of miles of trails.
    They also do the lion's share of trailwork here in Orange County, CA.
    the support along the ride is awesome.
    the tshirt is white.
    the food at the end is to die for. (i guess at that point, any food is good.)

    It'll be my 3rd year participating.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andy aka Rut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,172

    Location...

    Quote Originally Posted by vdubbusrider
    i'd like to do this but....where the hell is it? the web sight just gives trail names that i don't recognize.
    The race is in the Santa Ana Mountains of Orange County, Ca. If you are familiar with the area, the race consists of the area between the 55 fwy and the Ortega Hwy-inland of the 405 fwy. Think that is too big of an area??? Yeah, just wait until you're half way through the race. :-)

    As for the cost seeming pretty steep from the Bike Nazi.... (oh the irony)....
    As a member of the Warrior's Society I can let you know that all the money brought in goes to the mountains in one way or another. We do not have any members who get paid to be there. The money simply goes back to the land.

    This will be my 5th year doing the Pow Wow Event. My 4th year doing the Vision Quest-all on the singlespeed!! yeah baby!!!!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

  10. #10
    Old Bikes Suck!
    Reputation: vdubbusrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    779
    right on! count me in. i'm only an hour away in San Diego!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VDUBBUSRIDER
    San Diego, CA


    Keyesville Vintage Mountain bike race!
    http://www.ssfta.com/vintage-race.html

    Anybody selling a Cook Bros. mtn stem? How about a blue Chris King Theaded headset?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andy aka Rut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,172

    Sweet

    Quote Originally Posted by vdubbusrider
    right on! count me in. i'm only an hour away in San Diego!
    Look for us....I'm guessing I will be heard at the start, in the middle and at the finish :-)
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

  12. #12
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335

    I wanna...

    .....but I cain't.

    Here in Eugene it's 37 degrees outside right now (I'm not complaining) and it gets pitch dark here at 4:30pm (still not complaining) and December's not nearly as bad weatherwise as January or February (STILL not complaining) -- it's just that the training I'd need to accomplish in order to make VQ enjoyable ain't gonna happen in these conditions in ten weeks.

    I need to move to SoCal...

    So while us pasty white Pacific Northwet folk whimper and wish our winter away, y'all have heap big fun, mah blood bruthas.

    --Sparty




    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    Do we have any takers? ...
    andy
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  13. #13
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    .....but I cain't.

    So while us pasty white Pacific Northwet folk whimper and wish our winter away, y'all have heap big fun, mah blood bruthas.

    --Sparty
    While your plight is understandable...consider this...last year, my training consisted of...only....
    2 midweek rides under two hours... and 1 wknd ride 4-6 hours.

    My time is nothing to admire, but I finished.

    Besides..the energy your smile puts out could get you through at least the first 8 miles...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #14
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    What is the date of VQ again?

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  15. #15
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    What is the date of VQ again?

    --Sparty
    1st wknd in March.
    March 5th, 2005

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andy aka Rut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,172

    Training???!

    What'chu talken 'bout Sparty?!

    You don't need to train for this thing. While it is fun to finish with a fast time, it's even more fun to enjoy a PBnJ sandwich with Timan at the second peak!!!! He'll be doing support again (assuming he's not still passing kidney stones or suffering from shingles or something!)

    See ya in a few weeks Sparty!!!! Come on down and enjoy the sun. We'll supply the sunblock.
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

  17. #17
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723

    I'm doing Vision Quest...

    ...as a warm up for some hard rides I'm planning.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    149
    I'm in.

    Started training about 2 weeks ago. Dirtcrab and myself went up Saturday and turned the first 1/3rd of the course into a training loop. Looked a little something like this:



    No SS for me though. Maybe next year.. figured I should make sure I can do it on a geared bike first. =)

  19. #19
    Mashers Only!!
    Reputation: HUGH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    ...as a warm up for some hard rides I'm planning.
    Now that was funny!! You Nor Calers make me laugh. When did you guys get hard rides up there?
    I'm training hard right now. I'll be in great shape for the VQ. The funny part is I'll be up at the peak with Timan and Kirkman giving out PB&J's and taking pics of the pain..... I can't wait!!

    HUGH
    Hope all is well with everyone...

  20. #20
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,624

    Theres also the counting coup


  21. #21
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,624

    How tough is it to make the cut off point?

    For the VQ and CC? .

  22. #22
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    For the VQ and CC? .
    The 1st cutoff is rather generous, 3.5 hours I believe. It's the same for both rides.
    The next 2 cutoffs for the VQ came up rather quick.
    Last year, I made the 1st cutoff by about an hour...then the next two I only had by 10 minutes...then 5....whew!
    Those cutoff times were the most harrowing mental aspect of the race.
    There is an early start option, I think. You get an hour headstart.

  23. #23
    Displaced Southerner
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    231
    I'm doing this crazy race, can't believe it's already 12 weeks away!!! And I'm training in sub-par conditions for a race of this magnitude...so we'll see. My goal, other than finishing, is to be the furthest travelled for the race...and I think I'll have that in the bag since I'll be coming out from Tennessee. My other goal, which is definitely already a "done deal", is to have the hottest boyfriend on the trail. teehee!

    And for all those doing the race, keep in mind the encouragment offered us from Jimmy V:
    "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

    Whew, profound, if I do say so myself.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can do, do it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
    ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  24. #24
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam
    I'm doing this crazy race, can't believe it's already 12 weeks away!!! And I'm training in sub-par conditions for a race of this magnitude...so we'll see. My goal, other than finishing, is to be the furthest travelled for the race...and I think I'll have that in the bag since I'll be coming out from Tennessee. My other goal, which is definitely already a "done deal", is to have the hottest boyfriend on the trail. teehee!

    And for all those doing the race, keep in mind the encouragment offered us from Jimmy V:
    "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

    Whew, profound, if I do say so myself.
    Regarding your 1st goal....I think you'll succeed.
    Regarding the 2nd....by "hot", do you mean good looking or by "hot" do you mean sequined knickers... you have seen those haven't you?

  25. #25
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723

    This is pretty funny

    "Funds raised by this event will be used to support our goals ... and providing (sic) low cost mountain biking events for the public."

    $100 is low cost? I could just ride down there that day, right? It's public land, isn't it?

    Too many rules. I understand that they don't want to be searching for stragglers in the dark, but no one's going to tell me I can't finish my loop because I didn't get to point A by time T; certainly not if I paid $100.

  26. #26
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    "Funds raised by this event will be used to support our goals ... and providing (sic) low cost mountain biking events for the public."

    $100 is low cost? I could just ride down there that day, right? It's public land, isn't it?

    Too many rules. I understand that they don't want to be searching for stragglers in the dark, but no one's going to tell me I can't finish my loop because I didn't get to point A by time T; certainly not if I paid $100.
    Now, now Eddy:-). You can finish the race if you don't make the cutoffs, you'll just be unsupported and the results will show a DNF for you.

    When it comes down to it, $100 isn't all that bad, especially if you live in SoCal. I reap the benefits of that $100 dollars every day when I ride many of the trails here. Many of them would be closed if it wasn't for the efforts of the Chris Vargas and the Warriors Society.

    Also, $100 isn't too bad in relation to other long distance events.....Leadville is over $200, Brianhead was $150 or soo!

    If you ride the event in a speedo I'll split the cost with ya:-)

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  27. #27
    Displaced Southerner
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    231
    Regarding your 1st goal....I think you'll succeed.
    Regarding the 2nd....by "hot", do you mean good looking or by "hot" do you mean sequined knickers... you have seen those haven't you?

    Thanks! I'm thinking positive on race success too.

    And "hot" meaning, over-the-top, this-boy-is-all-mine-aren't-you-girlies-jealous good looking, AND "hot" with the sequined knickers. Never seen 'em, but I can get a good visual and I'm sticking with H-O-T, all the way around.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can do, do it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
    ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  28. #28
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam
    Regarding your 1st goal....I think you'll succeed.
    Regarding the 2nd....by "hot", do you mean good looking or by "hot" do you mean sequined knickers... you have seen those haven't you?

    Thanks! I'm thinking positive on race success too.

    And "hot" meaning, over-the-top, this-boy-is-all-mine-aren't-you-girlies-jealous good looking, AND "hot" with the sequined knickers. Never seen 'em, but I can get a good visual and I'm sticking with H-O-T, all the way around.
    Oh my, I'm blushing:-)

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  29. #29
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    "Funds raised by this event will be used to support our goals ... and providing (sic) low cost mountain biking events for the public."

    $100 is low cost? I could just ride down there that day, right? It's public land, isn't it?

    Too many rules. I understand that they don't want to be searching for stragglers in the dark, but no one's going to tell me I can't finish my loop because I didn't get to point A by time T; certainly not if I paid $100.
    #1 When "their" goals are keeping land open and maintaining trails that everyone uses. I can't see the humor or the irony in that. How do you? None of "their" goals are self-serving. Your post seemed to indicate that they were.

    #2 Securing proper medical staff, aid stations, food, awards, land fees, it all costs. yes, it's low cost. My wife's NORBA races that are 20 miles or so cost $45 and they don't even give her lunch....or a t-shirt. The VQ is the most expensive even the Warrior's put on. The Toad Festival last month cost $20. Too rich for your blood still?

    #3 Sure, you could ride that day, it is public land. That would sure "show 'em." Or would it?

    #4 All the "rules" are there to safegaurd you and to ensure safety for everyone. Bottom line, if you can't make the cut-off times, the chances of you finishing at all or finishing safely or finishing in the light are infinitesimal. Sure, fight against "the man" and finish your loop, in the dark.

    #5 I'm wondering why you seem to think a conspiracy is at play here.

  30. #30
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey

    If you ride the event in a speedo I'll split the cost with ya:-)

    B
    If he does that, AND shaves his mustache..I'll chip in the other $50.

  31. #31
    Displaced Southerner
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    sequined knickers... you have seen those haven't you?

    Rumor has it you may have a pic in the archives of these beauties???
    Whatever you can do or dream you can do, do it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
    ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  32. #32
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam
    Rumor has it you may have a pic in the archives of these beauties???
    Sadly, the only picture is in my mind. *shudder

  33. #33
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    #1 When "their" goals are keeping land open and maintaining trails that everyone uses. I can't see the humor or the irony in that. How do you? None of "their" goals are self-serving. Your post seemed to indicate that they were.
    Nope, I never said anything about their noble and seem-to-be-successful goals. I just pointed out that it was ironic that they talk about "low cost events" on a page where they charge you $10 to start early for a $100 event. LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    # My wife's NORBA races that are 20 miles or so cost $45 and they don't even give her lunch....or a t-shirt.
    Even more ridiculous. I understand that some people would pay to satisfy their need to compete. Please understand that I would not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    The Toad Festival last month cost $20.
    Sounds cool. I might have come down. Andy never posted about it here that I saw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    #3 Sure, you could ride that day, it is public land. That would sure "show 'em." Or would it?
    I wouldn't do it to TWS, too many good intentions, but I might free-race at Sea Otter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    #4 All the "rules" are there to safegaurd you and to ensure safety for everyone. Bottom line, if you can't make the cut-off times, the chances of you finishing at all or finishing safely or finishing in the light are infinitesimal. Sure, fight against "the man" and finish your loop, in the dark.
    My point is that if I'm going to start, I'm going to finish, and I'd prefer to post my "time" here for free than pay them $100 to do it on their site. I guess if it was my local trail, I'd feel differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    #5 I'm wondering why you seem to think a conspiracy is at play here.
    I wonder why you think I think there is.

    I'm not shaving anything, or wearing a thong, but I'll bet the two of you $100 I can finish it within 11 hours. That dude who did it in under 5 hours is an animal.

  34. #34
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    I'd put $50 on a Fast Eddy vs. Padre VQ match. I haven't ridden with Eddy much, so I'm not sure where I'd put said money. I'd be leaning heavily towards Padre though, what with the home court advantage and all(sorry Eddy:-)

    Could be interesting?

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  35. #35
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723

    Would I be allowed...

    ...to put my $50 on Padre too? 8^)

  36. #36
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    ...to put my $50 on Padre too? 8^)
    There me be a conflict of interest there, I'll have to ask around!

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  37. #37
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,624

    The permits arent cheap for 300 some odd riders

    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    "Funds raised by this event will be used to support our goals ... and providing (sic) low cost mountain biking events for the public."

    $100 is low cost? I could just ride down there that day, right? It's public land, isn't it?

    Too many rules. I understand that they don't want to be searching for stragglers in the dark, but no one's going to tell me I can't finish my loop because I didn't get to point A by time T; certainly not if I paid $100.
    racing through a USFS maintained and operated forest. I think they set cut off points because if they didnt the cost of that additional expense would make staging the race unfeasible.

  38. #38
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    I'd put $50 on a Fast Eddy vs. Padre VQ match. I haven't ridden with Eddy much, so I'm not sure where I'd put said money. I'd be leaning heavily towards Padre though, what with the home court advantage and all(sorry Eddy:-)

    Could be interesting?

    B
    My only competition will be with West Horsethief.
    I call this year..."The Reckoning."

    subtitle of this picture.... "Is this the top? Oh, crap, this is barely halfway? I want to die."
    Attached Images Attached Images

  39. #39
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723

    Because...

    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    racing through a USFS maintained and operated forest. I think they set cut off points because if they didnt the cost of that additional expense would make staging the race unfeasible.
    ...more people would try it? I guess that makes sense.

  40. #40
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723

    So...

    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    My only competition will be with West Horsethief.
    I call this year..."The Reckoning."

    subtitle of this picture.... "Is this the top? Oh, crap, this is barely halfway? I want to die."
    ...did you finish? If not, and you're going to try to finish this time, I'd be more inclined to try to make it with you.

  41. #41
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    ...did you finish? If not, and you're going to try to finish this time, I'd be more inclined to try to make it with you.
    Oh, I did. 9:23 I think.
    My wife finished in 7:32 and I was only 15min behind her at mile 42.
    Those last 10 or so miles destroyed me. It was the trail up to the hike, then the hike itself where the wheels came off the wagon.
    What hurts the most is that Calvin (who is likely reading this, silently lurking) who did the VQ on FOOT, finished only 7 minutes behind me. Shouldn't a bike be an advantage for me? Geez.
    My goal this year is to get as close to 8:30 as possible. Sub-8 would be just dreamy, but I don't think I'm physically capable of it.
    04 VQ times

  42. #42
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    DirtCrab, Vdubbusrider and any other sandieggans should let those of us who dwell behind the orange curtain know when you're headed up here to ride! We'd be happy to show you around!

    Lets get some pre-VQ training rides in!

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    My only competition will be with West Horsethief.
    I call this year..."The Reckoning."

    subtitle of this picture.... "Is this the top? Oh, crap, this is barely halfway? I want to die."
    heee heee heee... I know that feeling.. I think you might be my rabbit this year..

  44. #44
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by poacher
    heee heee heee... I know that feeling.. I think you might be my rabbit this year..
    I'm YOUR rabbit?
    Uh, I think you have a serious case of "Underestimatemyabilityitis."
    You should have that looked at.
    In any case, I'd be happy to follow you across the Main Divide. I always need someone to walk with.

  45. #45
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723
    Riding SS?

  46. #46
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    Now that is a bet I might be interested in: Padre vs. Poacher. A battle of the P's if you will.

    Molly clearly has the light weight advantage, but Eric is quite fast on the downs(but will he have a squishy fork by then?)

    Eric's riding a 29er, so we all know he has a HUGE advantage there;-) but, Mollys bike is probably 10 pounds lighter than Erics tank.....hmmmm.....

    Anyone? I'm probably good for a friendly wager on this!

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  47. #47
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    Riding SS?
    I am.
    Poacher is.
    Donkey is.
    Andy aka Rut is.
    My wife is.
    Is there another way?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    Riding SS?
    of course!

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    I'm YOUR rabbit?
    Uh, I think you have a serious case of "Underestimatemyabilityitis."
    You should have that looked at.
    In any case, I'd be happy to follow you across the Main Divide. I always need someone to walk with.
    Main Divide ? I was hoping for a tow up west horse... last time I couldn't even pick my bike up over the gate at the top, the rescue guy had to do it for me! I can't wait!

  50. #50
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by poacher
    Main Divide ? I was hoping for a tow up west horse... last time I couldn't even pick my bike up over the gate at the top, the rescue guy had to do it for me! I can't wait!
    Considering our size difference, you could probably just hop in my Camelbak for a while.
    At that point, I'd be so dazed I wouldn't notice the extra 90lbs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. blast from the past, cut/paste from archived MTB DOC posts
    By ashwinearl in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 09:47 AM
  2. It's Vision Quest time!
    By donkey in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 10:01 AM
  3. Paging Vision Quest Veterans...
    By DirkSSter in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 05:37 PM
  4. 12 hr two weeks before a 24 solo?
    By Doughboy in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 10:06 PM
  5. I was in the land of the Vision Quest today.
    By Fast Eddy in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •