mtbr member
    Mar 2009

vertical vs Horizontal

well im in the early stages of planning a singlespeed and i want to know which frame to get.

i looked and cant really find a good alum frame i like with horizontal dropouts.

so that leave my with lots of frames with vertical dropouts.

im looking for a frame in the $200 price range.

meatier showers
    You will find that the vote is equally split. Flip a coin... or define your preferences.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    well this is the fork im getting........well if i had some links to some good singlespeed frames i could make a joice.
    http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&p=196&

MONKEYMAN
    I've been riding a voodoo bokor1 for about 6 months now. light, whippy, sliding drop outs.

You might want to save a bit more money though. You're not going to find much in the 'good aluminum SS frame' category for $200.

I like my white industries eccentric hub a lot, made my vert. drop frame into SS quite handily. But again, you're talking about more money.
    “I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there”

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    money isnt a problem........i just needed ideas

Dinner for wolves
    26" Alu SS frame for ~$200. That is a short list, regardless of dropout set up. If you have no preference, then let things like TT length, head angle, steatube angle,BB height guide your choice instead. I am guessing Soul cycles Dillinger/Icon, On one scandal, Sette?, Ragley mmmBop (may have all sold out by now). Talk to Soul Cycles and the folks @ Unreal Cycles (if u r in US), and check out universal cycles as well. Good luck.
    Last edited by buddhak; 10-29-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by finger51
    I've been riding a voodoo bokor1 for about 6 months now. light, whippy, sliding drop outs.

You might want to save a bit more money though. You're not going to find much in the 'good aluminum SS frame' category for $200.

I like my white industries eccentric hub a lot, made my vert. drop frame into SS quite handily. But again, you're talking about more money.

this might just be what i was looking for