Team Captain
    Jan 2004

Twelve Tooth Track Cog?

Don't ask. Anybody know where I can get one?

FTM
    Business Cycles has 12t Suntour cogs for $30. Not sure if they have them in stock or order them but give John a call 305-273-4440, he's a good guy to do business with.

mtbr member

Harris Cyclery

SunTour Superbe Pro 12T: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/fixed-sprockets.html

Sheldon notes: "most standard track lock rings won't work with a 12 tooth sprocket, because the chain will bump into the edge of the lockring. Phil Wood lockrings work. For other track hubs, the Sun Tour stepped lockring is the best choice for use with a 12 tooth sprocket."
    [SIZE="3"]"America is the greatest country in the world, but that's a lot like being the prettiest waitress at Denny's."[/SIZE]

Medium?
    I wonder how long it would take me to get to work if I geared up to 53:12? Those headwind days would be even more suckerrific.

velocipede technician

why?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryJerry
    Don't ask. Anybody know where I can get one?
    i gotta ask why.i play with the gearing on my fixxie,but a 12tooth you gotta have tree trunks for calves.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    i have a suntour 12T cog and the stepped lockring on a bike, and 2 other NOS 12Tcog/lockring combos 'in stock.'

ito
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister
    i gotta ask why.i play with the gearing on my fixxie,but a 12tooth you gotta have tree trunks for calves.

Not if you are running a 32t in the front.

I had my KM as a fixie/freewheel bike for road/mountain duties. 32/16 mountain, 32/13 road. Worked lovely, except for downhills.

The Ito

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    Having a 12t is easy....... when you're running an 18t freewheel on the front of your mod trials bike...

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna check out those suntour ones. As for lockrings, it's not a concern since you don't need to worry about unthreading thanks to the freewheel being mounted up front.