mtbr member

Trials Bike, Help me build a single speed

Hey I've got a sweet easton frame from a guy I work with. I polished it up a little to make it shinny. looks really sick it you ask me. I'm going to make it a trials bike. right now the only parts I have are a single speed rear cog and I have 8" Hayes front hydro brakes. Other than that anyone want to sugest a full build. i've got something in mind but id like to see what everyone else thinks. No shock on the front is really the only requirement, we also talking 26" wheel set. What you guys got for me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    women and bikes are my heaven

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Tick!

mtbr member
    the guy who gave it to me live in E. Lyme!!!
    women and bikes are my heaven

Devolution is real!
    I have been riding trials for 4 years. The bike is very cool looking (minus the paint job), but the geometry will be wrong for trials. The low bottom bracket and long chain stays will make it hard to stay on the rear wheel for moves. Build it up and see what happens if you have the parts. A Alex DX32 rear rim laced to a King hub or Hope Pro Trials 2 (something high engagement). A Rynolite front rim will work good. A rigid fork if possible. 22-19 gear ratio (standard mtb cranks will work). Check out observedtrials.net if you need more info.