Category Winner

Trans Rockies, I am back in!

I lost my single speed partner Nat Pellman due to illness a few weeks ago. It was pretty devastating as we have been planning this since February. He hooked me up with another SS'er, but he got a nice full sponsored ride (geared) so he decided to go with it. After a whole lot of posting, emailing, and phone calls I found a new partner. He is from Vancouver and he seems like a good fit. He is not an SS'er, but it was really hard to find a new partner, let alone a SS'er with a load of cash and a week of vacation to burn. He thinks beer is a good idea after a hard stage so he can't be bad.
    So I guess I am going to try to post a daily report kind sorta thing when I get back, kinda like I did for La Ruta. It will be delayed as the SSWC05 is 3 days after I get back. I am just stoked that all the plans I have been making are going to come to fruition. Ever since La Ruta I have been looking for the next big thing and to miss out after getting this close was killing me. I'll do my best to let the freak flag fly.
    Long live bad ideas.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

gentle like
    Man, have fun. A friend of mine from Colorado - Barb - and a friend are doing it. She was out this week visiting, and just hearing her talk about it ... I know I need to do that sometime. Not much of a racer, but I feel the draw of Transrockies.

Have a blast! And good luck!

And He was Not

Hoo Ray

Go Rich, You need to give a report of all your activities.

Off Road Assault on Mitchell, Trans Rockies, and SSWC. That's alot to pack in a short amount of time.

Ahh, hows married life?

Category Winner

It is all good

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch
    Go Rich, You need to give a report of all your activities.

Off Road Assault on Mitchell, Trans Rockies, and SSWC. That's alot to pack in a short amount of time.

Ahh, hows married life?
    My wife understood back in February how bad (or good) those three weeks will be. I really would rather not stack all those events back to back, but nobody asked me for scheduling advice. I definitely will not be able to go all out at the ORAMM, and I should be a shell of a man by the time the SSWC comes around. We are actually planning a road trip starting the Thursday before SSWC so we can ride in WV and PA as much as possible.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

Cold. Blue. Steel.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    My wife understood back in February how bad (or good) those three weeks will be. I really would rather not stack all those events back to back, but nobody asked me for scheduling advice. I definitely will not be able to go all out at the ORAMM, and I should be a shell of a man by the time the SSWC comes around. We are actually planning a road trip starting the Thursday before SSWC so we can ride in WV and PA as much as possible.
    Good for you, Rich!
    I really wanted to jump into that open slot, until Eric told me that I needed at least 2k and a week off to go. Yikes- not this year! I am still trying to get my career(s) in a comfy place, and luckily, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I figured we would talk about carpooling up to the SSWC during the Cowbell, but that never happened. I don't want to wait for the ORAOMM and have a repeat...
    I would love to ride with you up to the SSWC if you have room for another skinny, beer drinking and beer buying(!) rigid SSer. Please let me know at your earliest conveniece. It is gonna be a blast, "I am an excellent driver" (think: Rainman) and there will be lot's of time to hear about your Tales from the TransAlp!!

Over and Out
    OGG
    Spinning and Grinning...

Category Winner

SSWC details

Quote Originally Posted by OneGearGuy
    Good for you, Rich!
    I really wanted to jump into that open slot, until Eric told me that I needed at least 2k and a week off to go. Yikes- not this year! I am still trying to get my career(s) in a comfy place, and luckily, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I figured we would talk about carpooling up to the SSWC during the Cowbell, but that never happened. I don't want to wait for the ORAOMM and have a repeat...
    I would love to ride with you up to the SSWC if you have room for another skinny, beer drinking and beer buying(!) rigid SSer. Please let me know at your earliest conveniece. It is gonna be a blast, "I am an excellent driver" (think: Rainman) and there will be lot's of time to hear about your Tales from the TransAlp!!

Over and Out
    OGG
    We are leaving Charlotte Thursday am and headed for Charleston to ride the Kanawha trails. 30-40 miles of really nice stuff. I have only been there once before. Then we are off to Pittsburgh, or at least I think. I had heard that Dirt Rag was going to throw down a little on Friday, but I can't find anything official. Then we are heading over to State College on Saturday for whatever shenanigans we can get into.
    Just so you know, I had only planned on two people in my Element. I had figured we could sleep anywhere and no one would mind. If I add somebody(which I am willing to do) we might have to actually do some planning ahead. I have no idea when I have time to actually think about logistics with what I have coming up. It will really be difficult if things start coming together planning wise while I am riding around aimlessly in the Rockies. I am open to crashing on floors and what not up in PA, but I only have some feelers out for floor space currently. I was really thinking about a "where the day takes you" approach, but I definitely don't want to have a bad time due to lack of planning.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM