Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Account Retired
    Reputation: LakeRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    608

    Today's Ice Covered Trail Recon Ride

    [size=3]Took a little spin out to Deer Grove today on the ss. It's a little over a mile via ice packed bike trail to Deer Grove from my house and immeadiately I could feel a huge difference between the chester and my rigid frankenbike. The chester has a zoke up frony and seems to smooth things out overall. Out on the trails in the flat overcast light I thought I was riding on super compacted snow, but as soon as I tried to walk around a bit, I found that everything was coated in ice and frozen hard. The Nokian studded tires really make a huge difference. I did the big outer loop and actually had some fun. Here's a couple of photos I snapped. [/size]
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Fight the Kakistocracy!
    Reputation: veelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    256

    brrrr, you'll enjoy TucSSon

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    [size=3]Took a little spin out to Deer Grove today on the ss. It's a little over a mile via ice packed bike trail to Deer Grove from my house and immeadiately I could feel a huge difference between the chester and my rigid frankenbike. The chester has a zoke up frony and seems to smooth things out overall. Out on the trails in the flat overcast light I thought I was riding on super compacted snow, but as soon as I tried to walk around a bit, I found that everything was coated in ice and frozen hard. The Nokian studded tires really make a huge difference. I did the big outer loop and actually had some fun. Here's a couple of photos I snapped. [/size]
    It only rarely gets that cold at night, you probably would be overdressed for your night laps at the 24hr race in the middle of Feb. I doubt that you'll need the studded tires. Remember to bring sunscreen for the day time. Looking forward to the QQQQ's assault on the desert southwest.

    veelz
    veelz

    Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

  3. #3
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255

    fourkuuuu

    veelz, did you get the jerseys made up yet?

    Or, are we gonna ride shirtless wit big Q's on our backs? A new Sharpie would suffice on me big ol' bald head. Just wonderin'.

    I ordered up a new HID light today! Going with the LumeLighting unit, should be at my door w/in the next week....momma got the time off, we'll be comin' down on Friday afternoon sometime. We'll certainly bring plenty of foodstuffs and such, any recommendations? Are we cooking or samwichin'?

    This is gonna be some fun!

    (BTW, it's gettin' cold in Arizona, may hafta buy a sweatshirt or sometin'! Bwahhahaha!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xrmattaz; 01-22-2004 at 11:12 AM.

  4. #4
    Fight the Kakistocracy!
    Reputation: veelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    256

    Is that your mug?

    Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz
    veelz, did you get the jerseys made up yet?

    Or, are we gonna ride shirtless wit big Q's on our backs? A new Sharpie would suffice on me big ol' bald head. Just wonderin'.

    I ordered up a new HID light today! Going with the LumeLighting unit, should be at my door w/in the next week....momma got the time off, we'll be comin' down on Friday afternoon sometime. We'll certainly bring plenty of foodstuffs and such, any recommendations? Are we cooking or samwichin'?

    This is gonna be some fun!
    I haven't thought about the food situation a lot, anyway you want to do it is fine with me. Gary sent some $$ so I can get him groceries, but that is the only thing that has been discussed. Jerseys? I don't need any more cycling clothes, but we can think of something that would be appropriate for our level of commitment. Any ideas? The Sharpie method might work. Check my profile, you'll get a sense of my "style". A few years ago, the drunkcyclist.com team rode in "wifebeater" tank tops with sharpie, very swanky indeed. I have always thought the full orange jumpsuit w/ "county jail" printed on the back would be bueno. Maybe a different color jumpsuit for everyone, sort of like an evil version of the teletubbies!

    veelz
    veelz

    Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

  5. #5
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255

    Yep, that's me mug!

    Fessin' up. I CERTAINLY would not look good ina "wife beater".....

    It's wintertime, I've fat rolling out places I shouldn't have fat. But still kickin' A$$ on me geary friends! Life is good.

    Geared rides/FS....bwahaaahhaawhahh!

    43 and still kickin'.

  6. #6
    Account Retired
    Reputation: LakeRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    608

    The mysterious Ken in KC

    Hey Ken you gotta get your mugg up here so we have an eyeball on the whole team. Oh and you too Scott. I think Ken said something about the possibility of getting us sponsored by New Belgium Brewing. Jerseys, Kegger......the complete deluxe package.

    How cold does it get out in the desert at night? 40? 50? I'm gonna sweat my nads off coming from highs in the single digits.


    GL

  7. #7
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255
    Temps could possibly be down to the midfourties at night. Nice sleeping for momma.

    I'll probably stay up, maybe do a night lap or two wit my new light. We'll get a nice campfire burnin. Should be a good time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Fight the Kakistocracy!
    Reputation: veelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    256

    Sharpie and Ti

    Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz
    Temps could possibly be down to the midfourties at night. Nice sleeping for momma.

    I'll probably stay up, maybe do a night lap or two wit my new light. We'll get a nice campfire burnin. Should be a good time.
    I used to love writing messages to customers on the shop Ti bikes, I wonder if my silver sharpie will come off of paint? I will try to attach my profile picture here:



    That's me on my old Surly, I have an ExploSSif now. If anyone has an extra $800 they'll let me have, I can score a glow in the dark Jericho that is mint.

    Scott
    veelz

    Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

  9. #9
    Account Retired
    Reputation: LakeRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    608

    Nevermind Ken

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    Hey Ken you gotta get your mugg up here so we have an eyeball on the whole team. Oh and you too Scott. I think Ken said something about the possibility of getting us sponsored by New Belgium Brewing. Jerseys, Kegger......the complete deluxe package.

    How cold does it get out in the desert at night? 40? 50? I'm gonna sweat my nads off coming from highs in the single digits.


    GL
    I found a picture of you for the team

  10. #10
    Fight the Kakistocracy!
    Reputation: veelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    256

    The part I like best is...

    "He's got all the unfettered determination of a 19-year-old. Just none of the coordination."

    Get the whole story here
    http://ridephat.com/ridephat/showart...archive&num=39

    It looks as if the QQQQ's will leave there mark, large furrows in the sand. I checked out Ken's stats, if I go with the Drew Carey haircut, I would be his twin.

    Scott
    veelz

    Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

  11. #11
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255

    Wink QQQQ's

    Ships, I outweigh you guys! I'm about two feet taller....too. 8^)

    Love that ridephat site!



    Quote Originally Posted by veelz
    "He's got all the unfettered determination of a 19-year-old. Just none of the coordination."

    Get the whole story here
    http://ridephat.com/ridephat/showart...archive&num=39

    It looks as if the QQQQ's will leave there mark, large furrows in the sand. I checked out Ken's stats, if I go with the Drew Carey haircut, I would be his twin.

    Scott

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 03:56 PM
  2. Some pics from todays ride
    By Duckman in forum Passion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:25 AM
  3. pics from Mililani ride
    By ArmySlowRdr in forum Passion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •