mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Titanuim Sports Technology Mtb Frame?

I saw this mt frame @ Cambriabike.com.
    MSRP:1499.95
    Price: 349.95
    20" frame. Vertical drop outs I dont know anything about this company, but that sounded like a good deal. Let me know if you have hurd anything about these frames. If you have one please post some pics...Thanks

Desert Saildier
    Aug 2005
    That frame looks similar to my 2000 Access Ti frame. It looks like a pretty good deal. I really like my Access frame, but it is pretty flexy. I was looking at this frame when I first saw them a while back, but since there are no disc brake mounts, then there is no advantage over the frame that I already have.
    Seafarinman
    IT1(SW) USN
    2K Access Ti SS magic 32/20
    2K4 Jamis Komodo SS magic 32/20

i liek 2 wrench
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by singlespeed1
    I saw this mt frame @ Cambriabike.com.
    MSRP:1499.95
    Price: 349.95
    20" frame. Vertical drop outs I dont know anything about this company, but that sounded like a good deal. Let me know if you have hurd anything about these frames. If you have one please post some pics...Thanks
    They have the same geometry and specs as the Kona Hei Hei. I did some research on them when I was searching for a titanium hard tail frame. I think Kona subcontracted them to manufacture the Hei Hei for them. The downtube is not bi-ovalized like the later Hei Heis though. They have also welded titanium frames for other bicycle companies in the past.

The company seems pretty sound and you can find their website here:

Titanium Sport Technologies

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    TST has been making Ti frames of all sorts for lots of others (and under their own name) for years. They are a good company that makes solid frames. Like any frame, design is more important than materials. The quality of their manufacture has always been good.

All 26.5" all the time!
    TST used to be known as Sandvik. They've been working with titanium for a long, long time. Anything coming out of their factory will be top notch.

≈ > ♥
    I picked up one of those frames myself, a couple weeks ago. My build is almost done, am just waiting on a fork to get here.

As already stated, TST was previously known as Sandvik. They have been building Ti frames for years, both under there own name and for other companies. They've built for Dean, Kona, Mongoose, and many others.

The frame is exceptional for the price, well worth it. Beautiful, beautiful welds, and solid construction.

I can't wait to get mine finished, and to get out on her!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zahgurim
    I picked up one of those frames myself, a couple weeks ago. My build is almost done, am just waiting on a fork to get here.

As already stated, TST was previously known as Sandvik. They have been building Ti frames for years, both under there own name and for other companies. They've built for Dean, Kona, Mongoose, and many others.

The frame is exceptional for the price, well worth it. Beautiful, beautiful welds, and solid construction.

I can't wait to get mine finished, and to get out on her!
    Would you mind posting some pics of your TST frame. Even though the build is not complete i dont care. I would love to see some pics. Thanks

≈ > ♥
    Just snapped some pics for you. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see close up.

Who are the brain police?
    Fcuking bling Identiti 666X SS. U jerk. :-)
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

≈ > ♥
    Thanks! She's fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zahgurim
    Thanks! She's fun.
    WOW that a nice looking frame. Thanks for the pics i really appreciate that. 1 problem, i want to build it up a SS. I dont want to put a singulator as a tensioner. How would an eccentric bb work or an eccentric hub work. Any suggestions. Also i am 5ft 11 195lbs currently, will that frame hold up to someone my size. Is it light, what does the frame weigh, i wonder how flexy that frame or any Ti frame would be.

Thanks

≈ > ♥
    Try a White Industries eccentric rear hub, they are decent. My shop sells lots of them.
    I'd use one myself, if I was building this as a SS. I don't like the chain tensioners, either, and prefer the clean lines of an eccentric hub.
    Only reason why I'm going geared is because the hills here are pretty killer, and SS won't cut it. Maybe SS when I get it back to Canada...

Look: http://www.whiteind.com/ENO_Products/eric.html

edit: I'm 6'1", 180 without gear. Don't think there will be a problem holding up. If there is, there is always warranty. Frame is about 3.5 lbs. Flex should be negated a bit by the bi-oval tubing, but ti does give you that soft/flexy ride..