Thread: Tiny Rider

mtbr member

Tiny Rider

Okay guys, I am back with another question. My room mate has been riding with me for the past few months and we finished up her ss moab. Neither of us like the fact we had to run a tensioner and it isn't a disc compatible frame. All that said, she loves the bike and the fact it's ss has already greatly improved her riding.

My question is who makes ss frames for someone who is 5'0"? She's less than 120lbs soaking wet so weight is a pretty big factor here (the moab is sitting at 26.5lbs). She'd like to keep it as light as possible and we have plans for a new wheelset as well. When i weighed her frame before we built it up it weighed in at 3.8lbs with a bb so we are trying to keep it as close to or lower than that as we can.

Again thanks for the help guys.

mtbr member
    Are you looking to upgrade the frame or buy a whole new bike? That setup is a bit on the heavy side. Is it a 26 or 29er?

Not dead yet, just playin
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCelt View Post
    Okay guys, I am back with another question. My room mate has been riding with me for the past few months and we finished up her ss moab. Neither of us like the fact we had to run a tensioner and it isn't a disc compatible frame. All that said, she loves the bike and the fact it's ss has already greatly improved her riding.

My question is who makes ss frames for someone who is 5'0"? She's less than 120lbs soaking wet so weight is a pretty big factor here (the moab is sitting at 26.5lbs). She'd like to keep it as light as possible and we have plans for a new wheelset as well. When i weighed her frame before we built it up it weighed in at 3.8lbs with a bb so we are trying to keep it as close to or lower than that as we can.

Again thanks for the help guys.
    look at On-One Inbred 26ers or Soma B-Side 650b frames. They don't conform to the "rule of 3".
    www.msmtb.org - Mississippi Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    I have an inbred so that was my first place we looked. The frame weighs in at 5ish lbs so that ruled it out for her (she can barely lift my bike at 28.5lbs) and she does not like the larger diameter wheels. She tried a few different 29'ers and hated them even when we put her on a Sir9 built for a girl that was actually a hair shorter than her, but i will show it to her and see what she says.

mtbr member
    Captain, she wants a new frame simply because it is easier. Though i need to measure the bb shell and see if the E46 from problem solvers would fit. She'd have to run a ebb and a rear disc brake adapter to get the bike she wants. It's a 26'' 99 schwinn moab 3. It has a steel front fork with a super heavy front wheel that we tossed on to get her riding. The 26.5lbs is a far cry from the 35lbs 93 boulder and 44lbs roadmaster she was riding. If i find that the E46 is an option then she may want to keep the frame but right now her mind is set on a new frame. She said this morning she's aiming for a 20lbs rigid 26'er when it's all said and done.