mtbr member

Therapy Components/ Brake Therapy

Anyone use one of these? I have seen some other threads, but they're years old. I can't believe they run $150, but I'm hoping to convert my old retro rig to disc and I think the A2Z adapter might jack up the frame.

Thoughts? Anyone with a TC one to sell?

http://2btherapy.com/index.php/bikes...conversion-kit

What could go wrong ...
    the A2Z adapters work on bikes with large flat droputs like GT bikes ... Therapy Components makes a good product but its so spendy ... check out these adapters as a more affordable alternative
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Schipperkes are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Take this with a grain of salt (since it may come down to how you ride/brake), but TC-type adaptor apply twisting rotational (inward) force on your seat stays if your canti/vee bosses are welded off centered - and most are, because canti/vee bosses are designed to be used as a pair, not just one side. So this rotational force may rip the boss out of the seat stays with TC-type adaptors. I saw a few pictures did just that using brake therapy type adaptors. A big gaping hole on the seat stays.

I use A2Z on my GT and it works perfectly. Drop outs are designed to take rotational forces and square hits, I think it would be more suited to host a brake adaptor. But then again like Zoke2 says, A2Z adaptor works only on big flat dropouts (like GT) as it is designed to sandwich a dropout with plates.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    What kind of frame are you working with? If its an older Trek, Fisher or Klein, check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/Trek-Klein-Gary-...item3a5855732e

Ive got one on my bike, works extremely well, looks factory.

mtbr member
    Thanks- it's a 93 Tange Prestige Paramount Series 70- no big, flat dropouts, but no hood or anything either. I don't have a close-up. Thinking about having an IS mount welded on for about $100...