Thread: tenderize

mtbr member

tenderize

It is early/late I was out herding my gnomes into a bucket for tonight's feast. I won't use my bare hands because those little jerks bite, so I have to use tongs.

We'll sit at the dinner table eating a delectable dish of refried gnomes. Later I have to tenderize them (my favorite part) with a sock full of pennies.

I am pondering another bike build now that Ihave a real job....either another KM with drop bars, a "Hole" sticker, and avid shorty rim brakes...or the same, except the frame could be a Crosscheck. I think I have become a diciple of Surly. What's your take? What should I build?
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-06-2007 at 06:12 PM.

mtbr member
    btw. the guy in your first pic (jumping the great wall of china) died.

http://www.shutupandride.ca/articles...php?art_id=110

I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED

Well since you ask.........

The Surly KM I had was a nice bike. It was set up SS style, rode nice
    handled well and looked good. But, I've also been riding a SOMA track
    frame all year and love this bike and it's looking better all the time,
    I changed out the silver stem and seatpost w/black and ordered up
    a set of cxp33s in black to replace the silver open pros.

Anyway, since I've had a Surly and a SOMA and liked them both, If I was
    going to build another ride like your thinking of I'd look at a SOMA cross
    bike or the new SS bike they have or maybe wait a couple months or so
    for the new 29er they're coming out with.

Also I'd like to add if I was building up a new bike like I'm thinking of it
    would be a DEAN Ti SS frame. Mmmmmm.

http://store.somafab.com/framesandforks.html

V V V .
    "As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can."
    -- Julius Caesar

mtbr member

croaked

Quote Originally Posted by brant@on-one.co.uk
    btw. the guy in your first pic (jumping the great wall of china) died.

http://www.shutupandride.ca/articles...php?art_id=110
    Yeah, too bad it was windy.

brother on a mission
    That is disturbing.

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Yeah, too bad it was windy.
    don't know if you know this but the 2nd pic is from an mtbr gathering a couple years ago. i forget who the rider is but he also posts on mtbr. there is a whole series of pix as he took a header into the water including one of him standing in the pool afterward. he trashed someone's digital camera in the process. i think the pix were taken by Pete. the series is an all-time classic.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

cut like the fog.

details on the pic...

Quote Originally Posted by *rt*
    don't know if you know this but the 2nd pic is from an mtbr gathering a couple years ago. i forget who the rider is but he also posts on mtbr. there is a whole series of pix as he took a header into the water including one of him standing in the pool afterward. he trashed someone's digital camera in the process. i think the pix were taken by Pete. the series is an all-time classic.rt
    The unfortunate model for the photo is Ray aka "Elsatamontes". He used to work for MTBR. Pete did take the picture and ray's shoes probably still smell like that puddle.

b.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by bones
    The unfortunate model for the photo is Ray aka "Elsatamontes". He used to work for MTBR. Pete did take the picture and ray's shoes probably still smell like that puddle.

b.
    ah, yes, right!

i heard that puddle smelled nasty!

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

jrm
    mtbr member

My vote is for the KM..

It is early/late I was out herding my gnomes into a bucket for tonight's feast. I won't use my bare hands because those little jerks bite, so I have to use tongs.

We'll sit at the dinner table eating a delectable dish of refried gnomes. Later I have to tenderize them (my favorite part) with a sock full of pennies.

I am pondering another bike build now that Ihave a real job....either another KM with drop bars, a "Hole" sticker, and avid shorty rim brakes...or the same, except the frame could be a Crosscheck. I think I have become a diciple of Surly. What's your take? What should I build?
    The crosscheck is like the A&P of cross frames. Its such a homogenzied product that it cant really be called one thing or another.

Having owned one i was impressed by the versatility of the frame. But the performance material and craftsmanship was marginal at best.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member

I am leaning KM

Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    The crosscheck is like the A&P of cross frames. Its such a homogenzied product that it cant really be called one thing or another.

Having owned one i was impressed by the versatility of the frame. But the performance material and craftsmanship was marginal at best.
    hmmm...something to opnder. I am thinking something a la 18" KM with cantilevers/drop bars. Another frankencase of bike.

Sorry if the picture of the pre-dead Chinese guy offended some. It's called darwinism.

75% Mountain cycle

Yes- Darwin awards candidate for sure!

Though very sad for the rider (Wang), and what ever family he left behind, it's not high on my list of "senseless" tragedies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

acid

Quote Originally Posted by SanAnMan
    Though very sad for the rider (Wang), and what ever family he left behind, it's not high on my list of "senseless" tragedies.
    Now, that's OSHA lacking in other countries for sure. Wonder if the pool is not water, but acid, with sea bass swimming around and wearing laser cannons on their heads.

Are your pants fresh?

Real acid?

"the Goggles! They Do Nothing!"

Fp

More beer please
    I am pondering another bike build now that Ihave a real job....either another KM with drop bars, a "Hole" sticker, and avid shorty rim brakes...or the same, except the frame could be a Crosscheck. I think I have become a diciple of Surly. What's your take? What should I build?[/QUOTE]

Sure, you could get another monkey in a different color to change things up a bit. Cross checks are great too. My friend recently bought a monkey, a steamroller and a 1x1! In a two week span. Talk about a Surly poster child.
    I'm kinda in the same situation, I have my geared monkey, but I gotta get SS mtb here soon. Thinkin of either building up another monkey or waiting for On-One"s 29er(Brant..ya hear me baby?).
    What ever you do, make sure there's room in the budget for the Pugsley!

Shreddin the Cul de Sac
    I think you should build a gnome farm where you raise free range surly gnomes.

keep moving

mtbr member

cross check

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee
    I think you should build a gnome farm where you raise free range surly gnomes.
    That's what I am going for, a cross check, so I'll be another badass with another black bike, because I don't like any other color for me, but black.

As for gnome farms...sure, free range surly gnomes, and when it's roundup time, I'll ride on my Kung-Fu Macaque with a butterfly net and trap me some delectable gnomes. I'll first shave their beards (that's for my sweaters) and tenderize them. Gnome beards produce a far inferior wool.

mtbr member

Boring....

Get an instigator this time around. You have enough bikes to ride on CC trails and the road anyway. You don't want to become the ugly american with all that excess stuff now...do you?

That's what I am going for, a cross check, so I'll be another badass with another black bike, because I don't like any other color for me, but black.

As for gnome farms...sure, free range surly gnomes, and when it's roundup time, I'll ride on my Kung-Fu Macaque with a butterfly net and trap me some delectable gnomes. I'll first shave their beards (that's for my sweaters) and tenderize them. Gnome beards produce a far inferior wool.

mtbr member

no 26" for me

Quote Originally Posted by MellowCat
    Get an instigator this time around. You have enough bikes to ride on CC trails and the road anyway. You don't want to become the ugly american with all that excess stuff now...do you?
    I may be an ugly American, but the only 26" I own is a Schwinn Impact as my "what if" bike.

Account Retired

I have two words for you

Pugsley

mtbr member

okie dokie....

....but I still think you need a "fun" bike. You have enough stuff to race and commute on.

I may be an ugly American, but the only 26" I own is a Schwinn Impact as my "what if" bike.

mtbr member

with

10"s of snow on the ground right now I would love that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    Pugsley

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Go CrossCheck

'nesto - Go for the CrossCheck. Sorry for the geared content, but the frame is easily ss'able.
    Attached Images Attached Images