mtbr member

tell me about your windsor cliff 29.1 SS

I saw this bike on bikesdirect.com and it looks like a great bike for the price. It will be my first SS but my 3rd 29er. I ride 6 times a week on my gt sensor 9r but those hills that used to burn my legs and lungs are too easy now and I'd like to have a designated hate myself kind of bike. I'll also use it to ride with my friends since theyre getting slow. I figure its better to pedal hard on a rigid bike than my 5 in travel squishy, plus who doesnt love a new bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    It's the same as a Nashbar with less desirable crankset and tires. I own both and my Nashbar came with folding tires while the cliff came with wire bead tires. It also needed a lot more attention to detail to make it rideable compared to the Nashbar, mainly the wheels, they were a mess.. I'd get a Nashbar if they had my size otherwise, the Cliff it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyitsDave View Post
    It's the same as a Nashbar with less desirable crankset and tires. I own both and my Nashbar came with folding tires while the cliff came with wire bead tires. It also needed a lot more attention to detail to make it rideable compared to the Nashbar, mainly the wheels, they were a mess.. I'd get a Nashbar if they had my size otherwise, the Cliff it is.
    I'll spend the extra 40$ and get the nashbar..... can the Nashbar be converted to a multi-geared bike as well?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yep. That's why I have both, one is a SS the other is a 3x9. When I wanted to build the 3x9 Nashbar was all sold out so I got the Cliff. They are the same bike.