mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The TapeWorm and the Octopus

Met up with Blowout and Chris and MinesAPint yesterday at the Tapeworm in Renton, WA. Wow! what a twisty turny fun trail system. Some people have done an amazing amount of work up there.

Here's Blowout, Chris and Ian

Afterward, just as the RAIN was really starting to make itself felt, we went down to a Hawiian restaurant for huge portions of roast pork and rice. I thought that was gonna be it but Kyle had more in mind. He and his parents showed me a tremendous amount of hospitality in their home. Just think micro-brews, home-brews, garlic roasted chicken, garlic mashed taters, green beans, salad. Then there was even a hot tub for that late night soak. I gotta make more road trips north, thats fer sure.!

thanks again Kyle and Ian (and Chris)

bob

ps, made it across the border pretty well, met a real nice young fella that I bought the engine from, had a little tour of White Rock, Canada, and then beat feet back to WA. I just need longer weekends!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ali'i hua
    good rides with good people followed by good grub. cant beat that!

you ride the fixie? I still have nightmares from attempting to ride it at BC.

cheers!

semi-evolved simian
    Hey Bob, 'twas a whole lotta fun. Hopefully Blowout will post the pictures he took of you and Chris on the "Terror Totter" Still no word on my visa so it's looking more and more likely that I'll be skipping the Whistler trip and coming down for the Harmonic Convergence

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No fixie this ride...

It kinda got parted out for awhile. I don't think I can pry the Raceface 180mm cranks back from SSue. I'll put it back together in awhile but for now I'm enjoying the smooth ride of the BrewSSki.
    I did remark on the ride that it would be great fun on the fixie. that 2:1 ratio woulda really had me puffing!

bike ON

bob

Drinkin' Buddy

A few more shots...

Bob-
    It was great to go out to the worm on Saturday with you and Ian and Chris. Any excuse to ride then eat lots of Hawaiian food works for me. Glad you got back and forth over the border. We'll see you at HarmCon '04 (with the 21t cog to save my sorry body weakened by a winter of too much beer and too little riding). Any time you want to come up for more, you are welcome to stay up here and hopefully Kevin will be able to come out and play

here are some more shots of the day:
    Stretching at the power station with Ian, Chris, and Bob

Bob going off a log in the very heavy rain

Bob going off the teeter

Chris going off the teeter

Ian, Chris and Bob at the Octopus

Edit-
    Whoops, I guess I'll fix the pictures when I get home tonight. Sorry 'bout that.
    Last edited by Blowout; 02-03-2004 at 07:36 AM.
    Got Beer?

semi-evolved simian
    Did ya try and fix the pictures yet ? Still just getting the red X of death

Drinkin' Buddy

OK, here we go again

I just do not know why I can see the pics on my computer, but could not see them at my work computer or why no one else can see them.
    Here I go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Got Beer?