Thread: surly tuggnuts

Drinking the Slick_Juice

surly tuggnuts

I havent confirmed this but do tuggnuts work on short horizontal dropouts with the quick release adapter?

like so:
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    i think Ernesto modified some to work with the surly dropouts in the picture, but i'm not sure how or if it worked with the QR adapters.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    I remember that but not sure how he did it. hope he chimes in soon

mtbr member
    i believe he filed the back outside edge to a have a flat spot for the tugg to rest against

mtbr member
    Shouldn't the tuggnuts pull the wheel backwards and not forwards. When you step on the pedals the wheel naturally wants to move forwards. Aren't the tuggnuts there to prevent the wheel from moving forwards and for side to side wheel adjustment? I don't think you would need them in your case.
    Contact us with your video production needs.
    mike@arkfilms.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajamike
    Shouldn't the tuggnuts pull the wheel backwards and not forwards. When you step on the pedals the wheel naturally wants to move forwards. Aren't the tuggnuts there to prevent the wheel from moving forwards and for side to side wheel adjustment? I don't think you would need them in your case.
    I just found this picture to show what the OP is asking about. Like I said, pretty sure alls you need to do is file a flat area on the back end of the dropout

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajamike
    Shouldn't the tuggnuts pull the wheel backwards and not forwards. When you step on the pedals the wheel is naturally going to want to go forwards. Aren't the tuggnuts there to prevent the wheel from moving forwards and for side to side wheel adjustment? I don't think you would need them in your case.
    he can still use them to pull the wheel back.
    kinda hard to see, but this is a tensioner on that same frame and it is pulling the wheel back.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    i believe he filed the back outside edge to a have a flat spot for the tugg to rest against
    Dingdingding! I remember asking him because I was too stupid to figure that out on my own.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    thanks guys , now if I could get a picture of the other side of the tensioner(to show the filed of side) because I of course am also an idiot.

Would those you sell I suck at riding work without filing?

mtbr member
    Ahh. That makes more sense. I was scratching my head there for a while trying to figure out how those would work.
    Contact us with your video production needs.
    mike@arkfilms.com