mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Surley Singleator

Putting together a 91 DB Axis. Have almost all the correct parts to assemble it. Then Im gonna go single speed, Ultimately Ill build a set of wheels around Eno hubs (eccentric rear). For now I want to run a tensioner.
    Surley seems to have good reviews. Any experience with them?
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

dirtbag
    They're easy to set up and work well. The Surly tool is nice to have but not necessary is you have a cone wrench, 18mm if I recall. I'd switch the tension springs when you get it so that it pushes up on the chain rather than pulls down - you get more chain wrap on the rear cog - just my humble opinion.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Well I just ordered on Huck n Roll. As I was ordering it for 32.99 + 5.99 shipping a banner showed at the bottom of the screen advertising it for 29.97. Couldnt get the price, Went back to google search and there it was for 29.97 with 3.99 shipping. Still couldnt get it to show in the cart at that price. Went to online help and he gave me a price of 29,97 + 9.14 shipping. When I told him it was sitting in the cart with a shipping price of 5.99 he told me that was a smokin deal.
    WTF?????????????
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8