Birdman aka JMJ

SSers and TM/MTB advocacy

Had a few moments to ponder the other day, and it occured to me that I know of 2 other SSers in my area, and both of them are involved in trail maintenance or MTB advocacy in some way. One occassionally attends TM Days with our TM/Advocacy group, and the other (yes, you Climbo) does TM and is part of the state-wide MTB advocacy organization.

I also know a third SSer who works at the LBS that sponsors our patrol and he supports our TM group whenever possible.

So, is just coincidence that the SSers I know are into responsible MTBing, or is there a bigger connection?

JMJ

BTW - I run the local TM group, volunteer patrol, and am a trustee in the state-wide organization... and got into SSing last year.

I am the owl
    Don't know, but we had a lot of SSers at yesterday's trailwork day.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

My post is that way --->
    Jan 2004
    The UK SS champ is responsible (along with his g/f) for lots of new trails in my local hills. I think SSers are more likely to have been riding for a long time and riding is probably a bigger part of their lives than in the general population of MTBers.
    Wibble

Brakes?

SS & advocacy 2 great tastes that taste great together!

As the Missouri IMBA rep, and a longtime SS'r (since about '99). I'd say yes.

A large percentage of our "very active" club members are SS'rs too.

Coincidence, I think not!! Singlespeeders are a good lot. Hard working (trailwork), hard riding, and hard partying. We pretty much fill the bill on all three!!!

JohnnyD
    Ace St.Louis Trail Pimp
    IMBA MO rep
    GORC Founder and President