Thread: SSedona?

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009

SSedona?

I supposed i could ask this question in the AZ section. But there are more SS'ers here (my kind of people)

So, i'm heading out to Sedona soon and i am debating if i should take my geared Intense Tracer or my beloved SS. I've never been there so i don't know how the riding is out there.
    Is it a lot like Gooseberry Mesa where the trails require quick ups and downs on a lower gear or is it flat with some ups that doesnt require high cadence?

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    Sedona was a blast on the SS, and i dont think i would take much else out there. it's a lot of rock with some soil mixed in, but there were also some techy climbs. kinda like gooseberry in some respects, but not all. there's nothing out there that is comparible, IMO.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Take both bikes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G.
    I supposed i could ask this question in the AZ section. But there are more SS'ers here (my kind of people)

So, i'm heading out to Sedona soon and i am debating if i should take my geared Intense Tracer or my beloved SS. I've never been there so i don't know how the riding is out there.
    Is it a lot like Gooseberry Mesa where the trails require quick ups and downs on a lower gear or is it flat with some ups that doesnt require high cadence?
    Take both rigs if you have the room. I've been riding Sedona since 86, SS'ing the red durtness since 97. You'll love it, it's like riding world class trails in a postcard setting

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Bring your SS.

And some spare tubes...or run tubeless with some sealant. Lots of little cactus around there.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Go for it

Just rode there on my full suspension ss a couple weeks ago. Tons of fun. Sealant in tubes or tires is a must.

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeSS
    Just rode there on my full suspension ss a couple weeks ago. Tons of fun. Sealant in tubes or tires is a must.
    Full Suspension Singlespeed? Do tell....

Bike Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G.
    Full Suspension Singlespeed? Do tell....
    All the cool kids have one.

SSedona?-fsss.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Turn that neglected geared bike into a fun shiftless bike with full squish for comfort.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    7 days in SSedona and i am SSo glad and SSuper SStoked that i took my SS!!!! Best trails for singlespeed for sure!!

Rohloff
    My Milk Money just arrived and I'm planning on spending the week of Thanksgiving in Sedona!

mtbr member
    May 2007

Heading Down Today

Quote Originally Posted by bsdc
    My Milk Money just arrived and I'm planning on spending the week of Thanksgiving in Sedona!
    I'm going down today,nice storms yesterday should make the trails just about purrfect.Riding my F/S Kona SS rig.

Apr 2007
    Looks awesome, ScottG. How were you geared?

I've got the exact same bike. Sedona is one place I'd like to hit next year.

mtbr member
    PNUT you're from SLC right?? What's your favorite trail locally??

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    Looks awesome, ScottG. How were you geared?

I've got the exact same bike. Sedona is one place I'd like to hit next year.
    i'm geared 32x20 our friend who is from SSedona had 32X17

Trails out there are awesome!!!

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66
    Take both rigs if you have the room. I've been riding Sedona since 86, SS'ing the red durtness since 97. You'll love it, it's like riding world class trails in a postcard setting
    You are absolutely right about world class trails in a postcard setting. My wife and i were so stoked to hook up with a friend who is a local out there and showed us the "Trails" you won't see in postcards.