Florida Trail Monkey

SS Road/Track bike on Ebay..please advise

Check this out folks....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=98084&rd=1

I've been looking for a really cheap SS road bike to try out as a neighborhood cruise-around and limited road-trek bike.

The price is right, but I looked on Motobecane's site and they don't list this model. It's listed on the auction as steel frame, but not much else on component spec.

Has anyone ridden or even heard of this bike?

Sofa King We Todd Did
    A bit of googling showed this bike might simply be a rebadged Fuji track bike. Track bike with road geometry, that is. Which make it sorta nice for the neighborhood cruise-around stuff you're looking to do. At that price, it's kinda hard to say 'no, I would think. For that price, you're getting a steel frame, flip-flop wheels, and brakes. Hell, even I'm tempted to get one now...

mtbr member
    Me too. That seems like a lotta bike for the dosh, and a great way to try out fixed/single road riding for cheap.

Jim

Am I getting too bulky?
    Yeah, the same frame is packaged for sale by Windsor all over e-Bay too.
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

mtbr member

Moto's

First post!

I used to work for a shop that sold Motobecane's. Really, they're nice bikes for the money. This is a particularly good deal. Some of their higher end road bikes are a steal for what you get. I would jump all over this if I hadn't just bought an Inbred On-One frame.

I guess you guys are stuck with me.

glyphic bacon
    I was checking these out too, looks pretty tasty. Anyone know if these have butted tubes, or is it all straight gage?
    Last edited by Ziggy-Stardust; 07-18-2005 at 06:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    from what i've heard and the research that i've done led me to finding out that the Motonecane you're looking at is a rebadged Fuji frame. and if what i've heard is right, the Mercier that looks very similar is a rebadged KHS frame(not too sure about that one though). overall i've heard nothing but good things about both deals so i say it's a heck of a deal and a great way to try out SS/FG for a reasonable price....if i had the green i'd be ordering one to try out if i wasn't in the middle of a Schwinn World Sport FG build up

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by wetjett01
    from what i've heard and the research that i've done led me to finding out that the Motonecane you're looking at is a rebadged Fuji frame. and if what i've heard is right, the Mercier that looks very similar is a rebadged KHS frame(not too sure about that one though). overall i've heard nothing but good things about both deals so i say it's a heck of a deal and a great way to try out SS/FG for a reasonable price....if i had the green i'd be ordering one to try out if i wasn't in the middle of a Schwinn World Sport FG build up

KHS flite 100 will have much tighter geo than the Fuji track. Both have butted tubing.

mtbr member
    If I could justify not paying the electric bill again this month, and just ate rahmen noodles for a week or so, I'd buy one.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

AussieLostInNyc

Nice

I keep checking these out. You see the 'windsor' ones the most. They always seem to
    pop up every other week. Pity, I just picked up another $75 roadie for a convert to a fixie.
    That orange 61cm would be nice though....