mtbr remember

SS Rigid Fork Options

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I was new to the SS club with the adaptation of a gearie to SS. Well, 2 weeks later and a couple hundred miles later, I decided that I need a dedicated SS ride.

I dropped a few coins on a F.C. Fixation yesterday. I am now shopping for a rigid fork to go along with the frame. There are plenty of the steal rigid "standard" types out there but I want something a bit different.

After scanning ebay, I have seen nothing but the usuals. Where is a good resource for finding a lightweight V-brake forks?

Thanks for the info!

beer *****es n' bikes
    For about $60 from your local bicycle retailer you can get a nice Surly 1x1 fork with vee bosses, or about $80 with disc tabs. Its a very nice, and rather lightweight (in comparison to other forks in the price range) fork. Kona P2 is always an option, pretty similar specs to the Surly and maybe $60 as well? The Surlys and the Konas look cooler in my opinion b/c of the straight legs.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx09
    A couple of weeks ago I posted that I was new to the SS club with the adaptation of a gearie to SS. Well, 2 weeks later and a couple hundred miles later, I decided that I need a dedicated SS ride.

I dropped a few coins on a F.C. Fixation yesterday. I am now shopping for a rigid fork to go along with the frame. There are plenty of the steal rigid "standard" types out there but I want something a bit different.

After scanning ebay, I have seen nothing but the usuals. Where is a good resource for finding a lightweight V-brake forks?

Thanks for the info!
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    The Fixation is designed for a 100 mm travel fork. This reduces your selection of rigid forks. Most "suspension corrected" forks are 80 mm equivalent. Look for a fork with a 445-450 mm axle-to-crownrace length rather than the "usual 415-430 mm.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

I'm sticky
    Aug 2004
    I'm in the same boat - I picked up a FC Discipline a while back. Personally, I'm going to pick up a Surly Instigator fork (447mm axle to crown).

mtbr remember

Thanks for the spec's

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The Fixation is designed for a 100 mm travel fork. This reduces your selection of rigid forks. Most "suspension corrected" forks are 80 mm equivalent. Look for a fork with a 445-450 mm axle-to-crownrace length rather than the "usual 415-430 mm.

nmnmnm

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    If you're looking for something longer, then consider a WaltWorks rigid segmented fork. He'll do a custom length. I've got a loooong one for my rigid 29er and have been quite happy with it. Mine has v and disc mounts, but you could do either or both. And his pricing is pretty darn good compared to other custom or boutique builders. Check Walt out at www.waltworks.com. S

mtbr member
    I haven't tried it yet, but just order one to go one my Inbred SS. They look f*ck'n dope!

Check it out, Plant-X Knifen (I'm get the raw color):
    http://www.teamplanetx.com/US%20Dire...%20Knifen.html
    Cheers

mtbr remember

We have a winner!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvcx
    I haven't tried it yet, but just order one to go one my Inbred SS. They look dope!
    Check it out, Plant-X Knifen (I'm get the raw color):
    http://www.teamplanetx.com/US%20Dire...%20Knifen.html
    Cheers
    Yes, that's it! Thanks for the info.

brother on a mission
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx09
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yes, that's it! Thanks for the info.
    For what it is worth,
    I'm not sure if the knifen can be considered a light fork. It does look nice though.

Irish Stew

Inbred/Dimension

Im gonna get the disc specific Dimension..The Inbred forks look sweet...gotta save some $$ somewhere tho..

The Dimension($66)

The Inbred($340-Ti)
    ($200 steel)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I sent you a PM , I've got a dimension disc fork you might be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpeppermint
    Im gonna get the disc specific Dimension..The Inbred forks look sweet...gotta save some $$ somewhere tho..

The Dimension($66)

The Inbred($340-Ti)
    ($200 steel)

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by pcrap
    I'm in the same boat - I picked up a FC Discipline a while back. Personally, I'm going to pick up a Surly Instigator fork (447mm axle to crown).
    i just ordered a instigator for my K2, they are 100mm suspension corrected. also have a FC Discipline. i started a thread for fetish cycles under custom builders and other manufactuerers.