Thread: SS Race Input

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

SS Race Input

I have a Bianchi DISS that I'm running Mutano Raptor 2.4 and a 80mm Duke on the front. I entered my first SS race last week and found the handling a bit off. I was thinking of going back to the rigid fork and putting my 2.25 Cinders back on since those tend to corner better. I know I would take more of a beating but do you think the rigid fork would be a better choice for the short fast lap races. The Duke changed the head tube angle a little more than I would have liked but I wanted the suspension. I figure I'll get some of that handling back with the rigid.

Give me some Pro's and Con's.

King Pin

Good job! Rigid

IMO, your rigid fork/DISS combo will provide "razorlike" precision. The suspension fork will dull that sensation.

The sussy will allow you to go with more speed on the descents, and will also provide a serious handicap on the ascents.

Run a nice big tire at reasonable pressure...like the 2.4" Mutano (the ONLY tire I use!!) and all should be golden.

That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailVictim
    I have a Bianchi DISS that I'm running Mutano Raptor 2.4 and a 80mm Duke on the front. I entered my first SS race last week and found the handling a bit off. I was thinking of going back to the rigid fork and putting my 2.25 Cinders back on since those tend to corner better. I know I would take more of a beating but do you think the rigid fork would be a better choice for the short fast lap races. The Duke changed the head tube angle a little more than I would have liked but I wanted the suspension. I figure I'll get some of that handling back with the rigid.

Give me some Pro's and Con's.