mtbr member
    Oct 2004

New question here. SS/Fixie flip-flop hub

I am trying to put together a 29" wheelset for my KM with a SS/Fixie flip-flop rear hub. I have been told Surly is looking at February until they have any for distribution. I can't wait that long to get it together. Any other ideas for an economical solution?
    "Each man would endeavor to brew good beer, and may God bless his labors" - Hamburg Municipal Law, Germany 1410.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxpaw
    I am trying to put together a 29" wheelset for my KM with a SS/Fixie flip-flop rear hub. I have been told Surly is looking at February until they have any for distribution. I can't wait that long to get it together. Any other ideas for an economical solution?
    Boone disc fixed cog will render any disc hub a fixie.
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | bikecentric | ssoft

King Pin
    Have you checked the Quality catalog at your LBS?? I have two "New" Surly fixie/free hubs....are they sold out? Paul is another alternative....much less expensive than Phil Wood, etc.

semi-evolved simian
    My Surly Fixed/Free arrived today from aebike.com, check them out. Fortuitiously they have about the cheapest price for it too

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    My LBS was ordering the wheelsets through QBP and they were told of the Feb. date. I may have to look at the Paul.
    "Each man would endeavor to brew good beer, and may God bless his labors" - Hamburg Municipal Law, Germany 1410.

mtbr member
    check out vandessel sports they have a great hubset around $80 for set or gogo hoop wheel set for under $200 i have only 1 complaint no machined side walls but so far it hasnt been a problem there almost identical to kogswells another alternative same price for hubs set i believe .heres a pic of the vds
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I have a ENO hub with a straight axle in it on my SS.
    I wanted a flip flop for it and had White Industries put one together for me.
    You can contact them and see if they will do that for you.

CrAzY aNDY
    1man 1gear 1speed

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    you might check out IRO cycles, i think they have a flip/flop hub available