Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SS to 1x9

734 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  older guy 
#1 ·
I currently have two SS rigs, one I am keeping that way and the other I would like to go with a 1x9. Anyone make this change? If so it worth the extra 8? I have a bash guard on it and wanted to know if I would have to run a spacer or two in order to give the chain some room to shift. Also if someone is running this setup do you drop your chain fairly often. I figured this would be the forum to ask because there isn't a 1x9 forum, yet.
Thanks

#2 ·
mcdtown1 said:
I currently have two SS rigs, one I am keeping that way and the other I would like to go with a 1x9. Anyone make this change? If so it worth the extra 8? I have a bash guard on it and wanted to know if I would have to run a spacer or two in order to give the chain some room to shift. Also if someone is running this setup do you drop your chain fairly often. I figured this would be the forum to ask because there isn't a 1x9 forum, yet.
Thanks
Here's a 1x8. 32 teeth chainring and 12-32 cassette. IMO it is all you need to climb anything faster than walking and with the 69 inches (32x12) it'll go 19 mph depending on your rpm.
No, I never dropped a chain. Why would it dropped? It has a derraileur.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.