Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: swaldrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    78

    SRAM Automatix Disc Brake Adapter?

    Does anyone know where I can get one? Here is a video that shows that is does in fact exist: Cesur Disc Adapter auf Sram Automatix Rollerbrake Nabe - YouTube

    I found it a couple months ago on some German bike part website. I tried to contact the site at the time, but was never responded to. Now I can't find it again and I am at a loss as to where to get one.

    Anyone have any ideas? I have posted this in a few different forum topics as I am not real sure where the best place to post would be.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Steve

  2. #2
    nothing to see here
    Reputation: Stevob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,085
    wtf does it do?
    I see hills.

    I want to climb them.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: swaldrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    78
    The hub is a two speed automatic that increases the gear ratio by 35% when you hit 11 mph. Unfortunately, it only comes in coaster brake and freewheel versions with no disc option stock. However, this Germany dude has an adapter and I have seen it for sale one time. I have to find that thing because the hub is just sitting on my bench waiting to get laced up.

  4. #4
    nothing to see here
    Reputation: Stevob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,085
    sounds pretty cool
    I see hills.

    I want to climb them.

  5. #5
    1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,261
    never seen this before...try the IGH forum as someone may know there. So....it's an aftermarket modification of a standard IGH? Probably not suitable for serious riding stress wise? Oh.. I think I understand now...the automatic IGH is easy for you to find it's just the disk adapter you want?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: swaldrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    78
    Yes. I actually have the hub, just having a tough time finding the disc adapter.

    This won't be used in the trails. I have a couple Monocogs, one set up for dirt, one set up as a commuter. This is going on my commuter to make the 18 mile ride to and from work a bit easier.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Their new website

    Cesur - Fahrradmanufaktur Münster - Start

    if you need help with the german language let me know



    Quote Originally Posted by swaldrop View Post
    Yes. I actually have the hub, just having a tough time finding the disc adapter.

    This won't be used in the trails. I have a couple Monocogs, one set up for dirt, one set up as a commuter. This is going on my commuter to make the 18 mile ride to and from work a bit easier.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: swaldrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by mnet View Post
    Their new website

    Cesur - Fahrradmanufaktur Münster - Start

    if you need help with the german language let me know
    That's it! So, I tried to register for that site and the only option they have is for an address in Germany. I assume in that case they don't ship to the US?

    I tried to email them, sending them a message using Google Translate. That rarely works that we'll, but I tried to use simple language that could be translated easily. Either way, I have not heard back from them.

    If you had any way to contact them and let them know they had someone in the US looking to make a purchase, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance for any info you are able to get.
    Steve

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    If that's the Product you're a looking for

    Cesur - Fahrradmanufaktur Münster - Cesur Scheibenbremsadapter Sram Automatix Rollerbrake Made Germany Münster

    it's
    Ausverkauft - out of stock

    But they also say it will be in stock soon. No date though

    Martin





    Quote Originally Posted by swaldrop View Post
    That's it! So, I tried to register for that site and the only option they have is for an address in Germany. I assume in that case they don't ship to the US?

    I tried to email them, sending them a message using Google Translate. That rarely works that we'll, but I tried to use simple language that could be translated easily. Either way, I have not heard back from them.

    If you had any way to contact them and let them know they had someone in the US looking to make a purchase, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance for any info you are able to get.
    Steve

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: swaldrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by mnet View Post
    If that's the Product you're a looking for

    Cesur - Fahrradmanufaktur Münster - Cesur Scheibenbremsadapter Sram Automatix Rollerbrake Made Germany Münster

    it's
    Ausverkauft - out of stock

    But they also say it will be in stock soon. No date though

    Martin
    Well shoot... Thanks for the info. I suppose I'll just keep an eye out and see if it comes back in stock.

Similar Threads

  1. SRAM Automatix Disc Brake Adapter?
    By swaldrop in forum Internal Gear Hubs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 10:15 PM
  2. rear disc brake adapter
    By rushhenn in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 03:25 PM
  3. Rear disc brake adapter help?
    By Jasontamu in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 01:17 PM
  4. Brake therapy disc brake adapter
    By ltsltr in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 04:05 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •