mtbr member

Squishy forks for SS - Terralogic, Aura,...?

What squishy forks out there are particularly suited for singlespeeding, i.e. have some sort of special damper like the Fox Terralogic or WB Aura? Is Rockshox's Motion Control supposed to do the same sort of thing?

I'm looking for a new fork and want either remote lockout or (preferably) some sort of special damper.

TIA

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    i run a terralogic and love it.

but, i have no experience with others....
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I bought a SID XX for my Unit because AFAIK Terralogic is only offered in 26".

MoCo alone is still going to bob, you need a lockout. RS has the PopLoc or PushLoc which is an option on many of their forks. It's a cable remote lockout and the damper is specific to the remote because the cable return spring is inside.

The XX damper uses a hydraulic remote for the lockout, the same button as the Reverb, basically. They call it the Xloc. Anyway, the main thing is that it's lighter, and it has the Floodgate adjustment right on the button, which is nice. RS also has a PopLoc Adjust that does a similar thing, but I'm not sure what it really does on RLT forks, because I think they have a crown mounted Floodgate screw in addition to the compression lockout.

I just got the SID because it was on sale.

RS has pretty good options for remote lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanik View Post
    .. AFAIK Terralogic is only offered in 26"...
    they offer a 29" version (it's the one I am running)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    they offer a 29" version (it's the one I am running)
    Yeah, that's why I was scratching my head...but I can't see it on their site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm running the Reba XX with the x-loc, but have not run a Terralogic.

I like the Reba, but I'm picky enough to not like the small amount of travel it has when locked out, I believe the Terralogic is essentially rigid when locked out, and you don't have to mess with a button as terrain changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanik View Post
    Yeah, that's why I was scratching my head...but I can't see it on their site.
    well holy crap....Fox may have discontinued the F29 Terralogic.

bummer...I have the 2012 100mm F29 15QR and it is freaking awesome for SS'ing...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Even though the 29er Terralogic it is not listed on Fox's website as a 2013 model, I believe people have posted that they do exist, and have either ordered or bought them. It may in the suspension / fork forum.

mtbr member
    I raced with a Reba Race on my Misfit in a local short track series, and I just left it locked out, and dialed the threshold in so the fork would only open up for big jumps and bumps, worked out really well.

I just picked up a Fox F29 RLC and will probably run it the same way...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have a 29 Terralogic and it's awesome. I was worried I'd regret not having a lockout button but am glad I went with the Terra. Flipping switches is what I wanted to get away from with SS and the Terra is perfect for that application.

openwound
    +1 on the Fox terralogic F29. Awesome fork. Check colorado cyclist, they had 'em on sale.

my bad, just did a search and see that colorado is sold out -- I must have gotten the last one. But the good news for you is that I'm sending it back...
    -- let's ride

Dirty South Underdog
    I've used a Reba XX and a SID WC- both with X-loc. I liked both of them, though the Reba was a more plush fork. I ended up putting 2.5wt oil in the SID damper because I missed the ride of the Reba. It's much more to my liking now, though some people have the opposite preference.
    With either fork, the important thing with the X-loc is making sure that there is enough oil in the damper. If it's as much as 5mL low, the lockout will not be as strong.
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

Category Winner
    Surely Fox discontinued the Terralogic once they found out that I actually liked riding a squishy fork again.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I ride the 2011 Fox 32 RLC on my Fisher Rig and love it. It has a simple lockout mechanism and has a very adjustable rebound and dampening. Highly recommend this fork for soft front ends.

mtbr member
    I currently have the RS RebaXX w/ remote lockout. But its driving me nuts that even locked out it still has a little squish.

Doesn't anyone make a remote lockout fork that has a *solid* lockout? I had a Fox F29 RLC, but hated having to reach down to the lockout lever.

When hammering SS, I want it locked down. Driving me so crazy I'm considering converting back to full rigid like my other SS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'll give a vote to WB. lovin the way the Loop rides but still fine tuning the shock. Super plush though. And the seals don't leak oil
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

Bro Mountainbiker
    I like my reba XX. The lockout is super handy on the SS.

I punch it everytime I need to get out of the saddle (all the time)
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    For those of you running the Terralogic - is there any fork compression when standing?

Considering switching from my Reba XX with x-loc, which probably has about 3/4" of travel when locked.

EXORCIZE

stay rigid!

Quote Originally Posted by bycyclist View Post
    Doesn't anyone make a remote lockout fork that has a *solid* lockout? I had a Fox F29 RLC, but hated having to reach down to the lockout lever.

When hammering SS, I want it locked down. Driving me so crazy I'm considering converting back to full rigid like my other SS.
    I guess the answer is "no". I too am disappointed with the Reba XX (2011), partially b/c of the lack of a solid lockout, but also for a completely inadequate blow-off valve. Mine blows off just by looking at it. The supposed "floodgate" dial on the remote seems far more like a compression dial to me seeing how it has a drastic effect on compression when not in lockout mode. And even when the "floodgate" is fully firm, the fork still easily blows off. Bummer. Legs seem flexy, too (and mines tapered/20mm). Even the rebound seems to effect compression. Bizarre fork - I'm looking to get rid of it. Funny - I liked my last two Rebas.
    ride natty ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Another vote for the WB Loop. I want to ditch the Reba XX I'm running on my other bikes.

mtbr member
    Another one here with the terralogic, I set the blow off a bit tight and I can stand and hammer without any bob, then the as usual the fork does its job when the trail gets rough. It would be nice if FOX made all 29ers with the 34mm. not just the long travel models.

EXORCIZE
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud View Post
    Another one here with the terralogic, I set the blow off a bit tight and I can stand and hammer without any bob
    Can you post your riding weight and what number you have your blowoff set to? Thx.
    ride natty ride

mtbr member
    I ended up swapping my Reba out for a Niner Carbon. Keeping the Reba for the occasional high country long ride. Just getting sick of the front end squish.

Sup
    I run a terralogic on my SS also
    I leave it locked out all the way
    feels like my Niner carbon fork until OH S#!T......

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am