KuskoRiverCruiser

Soulcraft Convert ChainTensioner?

I cannot get this tensioner to lock in place on the D-hanger...slips with any stress / tension on the drive-train...anyone else having these problems?

Solutions?

Martin
    Martin
    [SIZE=1]"The pursuit of truth and adventure is far more noble a task than looking for work", [/SIZE]
    http://fatbikealaska.blogspot.com/

Samsonite Tester
    Get the chain length to work with the convert in the push up mode. Use a half-link if you need to. Then put a ziptie on it. fini
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

veinte nueve pulgadas
    i had some minimal slippage throughout my time with the convert. from what i recall, most of it went away after sanding the paint off of the hanger.

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
    Get the chain length to work with the convert in the push up mode. Use a half-link if you need to. Then put a ziptie on it. fini

What Evel said.

or can the whole thing and get a Rennen Rollenlager.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

I have an EWR with Breeze-In drop outs...

Thinking about a new bike. Would NEVER get rid of my Eastern Woods Research though. Thinking that converting it to a single speed would do it honor, keep me riding it now and again...or maybe all of the time since it will be my first singlespeed venture...I think I could get hooked!
    Anyway...like the looks of the Rennin design best out of all of the conversion devices but heard about trouble with Breezer or Breezer-esque style drops. Cutting/file to the frame is NOT an option with such a classic frame. So, the Convert was my secondary choice.

Any advice?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Thinking about a new bike. Would NEVER get rid of my Eastern Woods Research though. Thinking that converting it to a single speed would do it honor, keep me riding it now and again...or maybe all of the time since it will be my first singlespeed venture...I think I could get hooked!
    Anyway...like the looks of the Rennin design best out of all of the conversion devices but heard about trouble with Breezer or Breezer-esque style drops. Cutting/file to the frame is NOT an option with such a classic frame. So, the Convert was my secondary choice.

Any advice?

you are correct about the Breezer dropouts with the Rennen.. Your best bet will probably be the Soulcraft Convert in a pull-up position.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I had the same problem with slippage. A ziptie is your best and easiest cure. Remember to carry an extra just in case.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcallmntman
    I had the same problem with slippage. A ziptie is your best and easiest cure. Remember to carry an extra just in case.
    Rubber bands and the Livestrong bands work in a pinch also...