mtbr member

Soulcraft Convert

Soulcraft - Top Notch Bicycle Frames - Petaluma, CA - Mountain, Road, Cyclocross, Singlespeed, 29er
    Anybody using one of these? I recently visited the MOMBAT museum/shop and they had one on clearance. I was interested in the Convert b/c it is not a spring tension system, you don't have to have any tools to release tension and its made in the US of A. I am trying to get it set up now so I have not ridden on it yet. The instructions are pretty funny too which makes me want to actually read them rather than trash them right away.

If you have used one what did you think? How long did the bearings last? Why have I been SSing for several years and not heard of them?

mtbr member
    Been using one for 2 years now. Works great for me. VERY quiet and absolutely perfect so far. The only "issue" that would have someone try something else would be the price. I also prefer a roller over a jockey wheel.

YMMV,

Johnnydrz

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Been using a friends for a while and it works great. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but it's a quality piece and hasn't given me a moments problem. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. The one thing I've heard is that you need to use an 8-speed chain to ensure it works as advertised.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Looking for a Convert

I have not been able to find an online retailer that has these in stock unless I want to pony up for the whole SS conversion kit which doubles the price.

Does anybody have one from a previous SS project that they would be willing to sell?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    YESS tensioners i think are the best
    Southern Afghanistan

Supervisor

Fred and Barney know how to kill HOOHAs

mtbr member
    While I never used one, friends of mine ran the Rennen Rollenlager. rennen design group :: rollenlager

It seemed like a good way to go - no moving parts and solid construction.