mtbr member

Hope Some Aggressive SS Choices

I am in the market for a do it all aggressive SS and have posted earlier about an SC chameleon. Now the difficulty comes when faced with the American standard of choices. There are 3 other SS-able frames that are pretty comparable to the chameleon, but no reviews yet.

The other three are a Mountain Cycles Rumble on sale for $350, a Banshee Scirocco and a Sinister Ridge. Have any of you folks tried these burly hardtails? Tough making decisions, but that's what these boards are for I am tempted towards the Rumble seeing as it's on sale now, but ahhhhhh decisions decisions. One factor that is important is the USA craftmanship and point of build, which all have except for the Chameleon.

Money is not that big of a deal, but I was looking around the $1500 range for a complete build. Just some last minute comparisons before I take the plunge, so please be kind. I am trying to avoid analysis paralysis which all this comparing on paper causes, but not one shop in the area has all these bikes to demo.

I am so tempted to get the rumble with price point, bb height, geometry, weight, and tire clearance all at desired numbers for my taste. Last minute thought please
    It's all cycle-logical to me.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

further complicating things...

the kona cowan looks like a pretty cool bike that might also meet your needs. www.konaworld.com

[size=1][/size]

IMBA Guy
    Jan 2004
    One of my riding buddies has a Rumble, he uses it for jumping & urban trials. His jumping style is a bit...unconventional, so he's hard on frames. The Rumble has proven to be tough, and it looks good too. He works at a shop that sells Santa Cruz, Mountain Cycle, and Sinister, so he had the pick of the litter.
    Powered by Krispy Kreme!

I am the owl
    Find the bike that fits before making any other decision.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Ridge!

[:[/QUOTE]

The Ridge was designed for trails here in Boston. ITs named after the Ridge Trail in Lynn Woods. Seriously consider it. It is made by a small cool local company and the frames are being welded by legendary Frank The Welder. If I was looking for a jump worthy Hardtail that could also rule the singletrack ups and downs this would be the bike. Also, if you are not totally sold on the SS thing you can run it 1x9.

mtbr member

New question here. Would it be possible.......

Quote Originally Posted by DancingBear
    One of my riding buddies has a Rumble, he uses it for jumping & urban trials. His jumping style is a bit...unconventional, so he's hard on frames. The Rumble has proven to be tough, and it looks good too. He works at a shop that sells Santa Cruz, Mountain Cycle, and Sinister, so he had the pick of the litter.
    to get in touch with your friend to ask his opinion? Where does he work btw, as i am in boston and would like to demo these rigs? thanks for the post, since it's hard to find any reviews of the rumble. it looks like they are on blowout cosidering all mountain cycle frames are on sale right now. thanks again for your feedback.
    It's all cycle-logical to me.

mtbr member

check these guys out

I realize this may be a little late and little far away but as maybe a cheaper alternative to the previously mentioned frames. i dont know anyone who rides one but they seem like a pretty new company, so that would explain it.
    http://www.ridesoul.com/frames/hardline.html

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Good job! nice prices

frame, fork, cane creek headset and post for $240, delivered? w/ a 5 year warranty? not bad at all.
    [size=1][/size]

Old School Steel!
    I have a Ventana El Chamuco Hardtail, I bought on EBay. It is really fun, it jumps really well. I live in NYC, I do a lot of urban stuff with it.

local trails rider
    Ancient thread I found when looking for something else....

a pic taken before the bike was quite finished:

frame from 2soulscycles in Germany
    2004 Z1 FR ETA
    Hope Pro2 SS/Trials rear hub / Mavic 721 rims
    Shimano LX brakes
    Truvativ Holzefeller bar (now cut down to about 660mm
    A couple of Thomson bits
    Fizik Nisene seat

mtbr member
    Check the Surly Instigator
    CruisenSurly

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    My old Rumble S1... I ran it in a number of configurations, including Z1s on the front, rigid 26" front like in this photo, and also 69er, rigid and with Rebas.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    You guys do realize this is from 2004 and they most likely found a bike by now?

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbaSS
    You guys do realize this is from 2004 and they most likely found a bike by now?
    So what?

Lets see if there's people here who are not weight weenies

mtbr member
    I'm currently riding an Iron Horse Yakuza HT with a 120 mm Dual-Air Pike on the front as a single speed with a DMR tensioner.

Maybe one of these day's I'll take some pictures.

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by dompedro3
    I realize this may be a little late and little far away but as maybe a cheaper alternative to the previously mentioned frames. i dont know anyone who rides one but they seem like a pretty new company, so that would explain it.
    http://www.ridesoul.com/frames/hardline.html
    those things look sick
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.