Bikes not Bombs.....

... and if we just ... So... What did you do today.....? [o]'s

I was fortunate enough to get the day off and pay a visit to Phil Wood and Co. today. After picking up my new frame and EBB, Brent was kind enough to give me the 25 cent tour. I work in the manufacturing field and love the smell of lathes churning away. I was especially impressed with the amount of attention to detail that goes into each part. My favorite part of the tour was a visit to the odd's and ends room where Brent pulled out early Phil hubs and custom parts. Very interesting.....

I got a chance to peek in the bike room and see frames from the past history of Phil Wood. Did you know Phil Wood experiemented with a full suspension frame way back in the day????? Please don't bother Brent with a million questions about this one, the way he expalined it to me, the history was pretty short. If you are looking for a steel Phil Wood Kiss off frame, there are only a couple left.

My thanks to Phil Wood and Co. (especially Brent) for taking the time to work with me on the project.

The attached pictures basically suck, but gives an idea of what my new frame looks like. I was surprised with the blue color, and it was a pleasant surprise indeed. I gave Russ of Air Art, liberty to make it work and make it look "nice". Not bad for an Old School guy, he used to do the custom paint for Mountain Goat MTB's.

I also scored a very cool Phil Wood Tee-shirt today - Thanks Brent !!! The EBB is truly a piece of art...

The flames came out real nice. Thanks to Eric for the inspiration....

Now, I need to plan a field trip to my old stompin grounds, SoCal, and visit The Path Bike Shop for the final build. We are waiting for the White Indutries cranks and then we will be ready to roll and put it all together. Props to Tani for putting up with my endless phone calls and last minute changes. Don't you hate customers that do that..... I am sure no one else out there does that... right....

Brent has better pictures, hopefully when he has time, and his little girl Sela feels better, he will post a few. Thanks to the folks at MTBR for the space and time to gloat a bit.

All the best...

JS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SS Jerry; 01-19-2004 at 10:53 PM. Reason: picture added
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

34N 118W

nice Jerry!

what's the deal with the White cranks? Available?

the bike looks really, really cool.

Jeff

mtbr member

... and if we just ... you mean, like these?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    what's the deal with the White cranks?
    they are, just be patient...

What did I do today? I went and gave a talk to the Milwaukee Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Then I got home and I am working on updating pages for Van Gogh Bike tours: http://www.vangoghtours.com/
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-06-2007 at 06:16 PM.

Bikes not Bombs.....

Doug White said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    what's the deal with the White cranks? Available?

the bike looks really, really cool.

Jeff
    End of the month.

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -