mtbr member
    Jun 2013

SISS Bianchi , advice needed please :)

Hay does anyone know if there is a converter bracket or something so i can run this bianchi siss geared? Ive always been a DH rider then xcountry/allmountain so i dont really know much about bikes like this. now ive moved to the US and a big city and only have tame single tracks around me. found this bike super cheap and want to mess around with it little, any advice would be awsm.
    Cheers, TysonSISS Bianchi , advice needed please :)-photo-19-.jpg

mtbr member
    Yes indeed!

I fully endorse using this Problem Solvers chain tug, or the similar DMR product:

Amazon.com: Problem Solvers Chain Tensioner with Derailleur Hanger: Sports & Outdoors

The only problem with such solutions is that they're intended for a 10x1mm solid axle to pass through them, then be bolted down when securing the wheel. Instead, you could use a Surly Tuggnut QR adapter washers
    Amazon.com: Surly Tuggnut QR adaptor washer: Sports & Outdoors
    to step down the diameter of the axle hole to the size of your quick release skewer, and then everything works!

I used the Problem Solvers tensioner to do a geared conversion of a single speed road frame with track dropouts, but in that case I also had to stretch the dropouts to accommodate a geared wheel. In your case, a geared wheel in the dropouts and a derailleur bolted onto that chain tug will do it.

Of note: since you don't have any cable stops or braze-ons for a rear derailleur cable/housing, you'll have to run a full housing from shifter to derailleur. While you could use two of these Problem Solvers cable stops mounted on the top tube to take out that section of housing, it's much easier to just zip tie or tape the housing along the top tube, down the drive-side seatstay, and to the derailleur.

Also, since you will have a quick release rear wheel, I'd suggest running the wheel all the way forward in the dropouts, that way you're not relying on the clamping force of the quick release skewer to stop the left side from moving forward in the dropout (since the right side is held static by the tensioner).

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by blackgriffen_1; 06-07-2013 at 10:34 AM.

human dehumidifier
    It's almost a shame to put gears on a Sexy Italian Single Speed
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Agreed.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    LOL... ive been thinking the same, ive been geeting grief from my bud here whos a ss guy. guess im guna just have to not be such a lazy mofo. def still want to sas it up a little
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Cheers for all the info bro, i appreciate you taking the time.
    Cheers, Tyson
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgriffen_1 View Post
    Yes indeed!

I fully endorse using this Problem Solvers chain tug, or the similar DMR product:

Amazon.com: Problem Solvers Chain Tensioner with Derailleur Hanger: Sports & Outdoors

The only problem with such solutions is that they're intended for a 10x1mm solid axle to pass through them, then be bolted down when securing the wheel. Instead, you could use a Surly Tuggnut QR adapter washers
    Amazon.com: Surly Tuggnut QR adaptor washer: Sports & Outdoors
    to step down the diameter of the axle hole to the size of your quick release skewer, and then everything works!

I used the Problem Solvers tensioner to do a geared conversion of a single speed road frame with track dropouts, but in that case I also had to stretch the dropouts to accommodate a geared wheel. In your case, a geared wheel in the dropouts and a derailleur bolted onto that chain tug will do it.

Of note: since you don't have any cable stops or braze-ons for a rear derailleur cable/housing, you'll have to run a full housing from shifter to derailleur. While you could use two of these Problem Solvers cable stops mounted on the top tube to take out that section of housing, it's much easier to just zip tie or tape the housing along the downtube, down the drive-side seatstay, and to the derailleur.

Also, since you will have a quick release rear wheel, I'd suggest running the wheel all the way forward in the dropouts, that way you're not relying on the clamping force of the quick release skewer to stop the left side from moving forward in the dropout (since the right side is held static by the tensioner).

Hope this helps!